• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Help

Started by OneBallBiscuit, May 21, 2011, 05:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OneBallBiscuit

Seasoning my OBS today...have it at 150 with the pucks in there. Plate the pucks go on is super hot but not much smoke AND the pucks are barely burning and not moving after 20 mins. Any thoughts?

GusRobin

Take a look here in the FAQ and see if you problem is there and what the solution is.
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?481-Bradley-Smoker-FAQ-s

Are you using an extension cord? Try plugging it directly. Also see if you are using a lot of stuff on the same circuit. The Bradley is fickle on how it gets its power and does not share power well with others.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Oldman

It has been a long time since I've heard of generator problems. A few years back there was a problem but Bradley seems to have fix it. That is not to say that you have don't a bad genertor. As far as heat goes you must consider out side temp. wind, etc..

I use a # 12 extention cord and I have no problem driving two Bradley units at one time.

If you have a new (within one year of purchase) unit you will find that if you contact Bradley directly that there service is second to none.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

OneBallBiscuit

OK...so here is the deal...after trying everything in the world, I've finally hooked up the OBS without the single probe PID attached. And smoke galore here now! Must be some kind of disconnect with the PID and smoker. Any ideas?

wyoduke

Quote from: OneBallBiscuit on May 22, 2011, 04:02:10 PM
OK...so here is the deal...after trying everything in the world, I've finally hooked up the OBS without the single probe PID attached. And smoke galore here now! Must be some kind of disconnect with the PID and smoker. Any ideas?

Your smoke gen. should be hooked up with out pid use pid to run only the tower. hope that helps
1 OBS
1 BRINKMAN
1 ROYAL JOKE
1 Smoke Daddy
1 Brinkman smoker grill
1 Green Mountain Grill

OneBallBiscuit

Oh. So, I need two plugs to be plugged in at all times?

wyoduke

Yes i think you got it i dont use a pid but i have read alot about them lots of posts on the site about them
1 OBS
1 BRINKMAN
1 ROYAL JOKE
1 Smoke Daddy
1 Brinkman smoker grill
1 Green Mountain Grill

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: wyoduke on May 23, 2011, 06:09:41 AM
Yes i think you got it i dont use a pid but i have read alot about them lots of posts on the site about them

I agree with wyoduke, PID controls only the tower, the SG should be directly plugged into the outlet.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

OneBallBiscuit

OK. So plug the smoke generator box into the outlet and then the PID into the outlet with ONLY the heating element attached. Makes sense now that i think of it. I am a dope.

jimmyb

I have my SG plugged into the outlet and the PID plugged into the SG. This way one power cord going to the outlet. Works just fine.

ArnieM

jimmyb is correct.

Plug the SG into the wall outlet as normal.

The SG outlet that normally goes to the cabinet is actually wired straight through from the wall.  The switch on the SG only controls the SG.  The SG and cabinet actually run independently in the normal configuration.  In other words, if you shut off the SG you can still run the cabinet heater.

The PID gets plugged into the SG 'output' and the PID output goes to the cabinet heater.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.