• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

number of bisquetts required

Started by FERGUS, October 09, 2005, 02:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FERGUS

Hi
I am smoking some Pork Chops and the recipe indicated 3 to 4 hours. Given the life of a bisquetts is 20 minutes does this mean I need to feed in 9 to 12 bisquettes

Thanks

Fergus

manxman

Hi Fergus,

Welcome to the forum.

The 9 - 12 pucks will cover the 3 - 4 hours smoking but you need to put 3 additional pucks on at the end to ensure the correct amount actually get pushed into position for smoking. i.e for 3 hours smoking you will need to put 9 (+3) = 12 pucks on, for 4 hours smoking 12 (+3) = 15 pucks.

What a lot of people do is substitute the last 3 pucks with reuseable aluminium pucks which firstly mean you don't waste 3 pucks each time you smoke and secondly it keeps the burner on the generator a whole lot cleaner as it is the puck that sit on the heater at the end of the smoke period and burn for more than 20 minutes that causes the most mess.

Others use 2 aluminium puck and a normal wood puck at the very end.

The bad news is that these "bubba" pucks are not available in the UK and Ireland as yet, I managed to get hold of some from the US, other people make them themselves.

Also see:

http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2345&SearchTerms=bubba,pucks

or do a search of the forum yourself for more information.

Hope this helps, where abouts in Ireland are you?

Manxman.
Manxman

FERGUS

Manmanx

Thanks for that information

I live in Boyle  co.Roscommon, do you know it

manxman

Hi Fergus,

I've heard of it but never been.

Been to Dublin and Cork and down as far as Kilkenny, Tralee and the Ring of Kerry but never to the north of that.

It's a beautiful country.

Manxman.
Manxman