Smoking A 3 Lb Samon

Started by junkyardbob, May 30, 2011, 09:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

junkyardbob

Another Newby Here AKA  Junkyardbob and Michelle.   We live in Big Bear Ca. 7000 Ft.  Just got A 6 Tray Digital. Yesterday we did St. louis Ribs and Tri Tip.  Turned out wonderful.  Today were going to do A 3 Lb Hunk of Samon and some Turkey Legs. lookin for some Tips on the Samon. Thank You and everyone have A great Memorial Day.

KyNola

Welcome JYB,
Sorry we're a little late to respond but check out the "Fish" section of the forum.  Plenty of great ideas there.

Hopefull Romantic

Welcome JYB and Michelle.

Here is the link for the recipes KyNola is talking about:

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=180

Look for Kummok's Salmon

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

SouthernSmoked

Welcome to the forum...Enjoy!

http://www.susanminor.org

Remember we like pic's!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

smoker pete

Welcome to the forum Michelle and JYB.

I know it's too late but here is what I would have said about a 3 lb hunk of Salmon and some Turkey legs.

Vent wide open with a temp of 250º for the Turkey legs.  Pull when IT hits 180º.  If it was a turkey breast or whole turkey I would pull it when the IT hits 165º at the thickest part cause experience has shown that when the breast is at the 160-165º range the leg/thigh is at 180º.

Not sure about the Salmon ... but I would make sure that it was above the turkey.  You don't want the turkey to be dripping on the fish.  Reason I'm not sure about the salmon is cause at 250º it would be considered something like hot smoking and should work out OK.  The timing is important cause the legs will take hours where the fish of course would be much quicker.

So ... interested in finding out what you did and how it turned out.  Remember, we love, need, photos  ;D ;D  No photos ... didn't happen :D ;)

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

ghost9mm

Well I am sorry I am late to the welcome party, but I see that you are already getting some help...again welcome my friend..
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill