• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Help me choose the right smoker

Started by mkindc, May 31, 2011, 06:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Oh man, a small surprise from Jordan that has not been done on here before?  Hady I cannot wait! :)  Give us a hint.  Is it native to your part of the world?

OU812

La Quinta

mkindc...hopefully you can make a decision...either way you'll be good... ;D

beefmann

matt,

I also live in calif and have the 4 rack with a timer / pid controller  for 6 years now and only once needed a little extra space.  Like you  have indicated you  will not being doing large loads  so a 4 rack will do.

when you  order your bisquetts i would order 1 each  of the 12 pack bisquetts and try them all .. then order the 120  packs of the  bisquetts you  like.

also when you  smoke you can mix and match the different bisquetts for a different flavored smokes... and order bubba puck savers ( aluminum disk  same size of the bisquetts ) to save burnt pucks

btw welcome aboard

La Quinta

You only really need one bubba puck....the other two behind it won't burn...just my observation...

mkindc

Thank you all for the advice. I ordered and received the digital 4-rack. Seasoned the unit and smoked my first beef today. Smoked a tri-tip and rump roast at 140f for 7 hours. Now going to cook sous-vide at 146f for 48h, following Nathan Myrvold's guidelines in Modernist Cuisine.

BTW, I live in Santa Monica.

La Quinta

Santa Monica...nice...way nice weather...I'm a beach gal who lives in the desert now,,,outside Palm Springs...my hubby is a Brit and somehow he loves it here...I do miss the water outside of our pool!!!

beefmann