Kummok in Neosho, MO

Started by Kummok, May 31, 2011, 05:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kummok

Camai to all!
I'm in Neosho, MO for a short time (then driving back to Alaska) and just wondering who's in/near Neosho that, if possible, I could say "Howdy" to while here (and try to talk you into visiting Alaska!)

squirtthecat

Dang!  I'm on the other side of the state, otherwise Hal and I would pile in the car and meet you for lunch and a beer.

What brings you to MO? 

You're just down the road from Joplin..  (and a mess of epic proportions)

hal4uk

Dang!!!  You're "sorta" close to us... considering you DROVE down from Alaska!!!!!
Wish we could get together...

We're probably less than an hour from the MO line...
But the SW side of MO is a haul...
You're near Branson!!!

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

DADAKOTA

Dang.  I just got back yesterday from spending 4 days in Joplin cooking for the survivors, volunteers, fireman and police and other emergency personnel.  Been nice to meet you.  To put life in perspective take a drive up to Joplin and view the tornados path.  It will leave you humbled and reinforce the reality of how life can change at any moment.  God Bless those in Joplin.

squirtthecat

Quote from: DADAKOTA on May 31, 2011, 07:20:10 PM
Dang.  I just got back yesterday from spending 4 days in Joplin cooking for the survivors, volunteers, fireman and police and other emergency personnel.  Been nice to meet you.  To put life in perspective take a drive up to Joplin and view the tornados path.  It will leave you humbled and reinforce the reality of how life can change at any moment.  God Bless those in Joplin.

Amen, brother.

Kummok

Been in the heart of tornado's travel in Joplin...impossible to describe the destruction. 35+ years in fire/emergency response and have never seen devastation to that degree in populated areas. I plan to get a volunteer crew together and return again from Alaska.

muebe

Since the subject is on tornados' my uncle sent me a link of a video. It is from the camera on a train as it enters the path of a tornado. This video gives you an idea of the true power a tornado has....

http://d.yimg.com/kq/groups/7769081/124862335/name/Tornado1.wmv
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

ghost9mm

We were in our motorhome sitting in a campground in Southern Illinois a fews years back when one went through about a half mile away and thats as close as I ever want to get...not good..
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Quarlow

WOW That is amazing. But you would think the engineer woould have slowed down. I got caught in a very bad wind storm in Sasketchewan. I had an empty trailer and the wind was so strong I had to drive with the tractor in the oncoming lane and my trailer was almost in the ditch. The only reason I didn't flip is cause I slowed right down. Another guy kept on going at too high of a speed and flipped over even though he was loaded. I suppose it happened to fast for the train to slow down anyway.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

DADAKOTA

Quote from: Kummok on June 01, 2011, 01:03:29 PM
Been in the heart of tornado's travel in Joplin...impossible to describe the destruction. 35+ years in fire/emergency response and have never seen devastation to that degree in populated areas. I plan to get a volunteer crew together and return again from Alaska.

We did our cooking at the back of Fire Station 1 in Joplin.  Two of their stations were destroyed.  At one station the Captain said he watched the tornado lift the front of a 13 ton pumper truck off the ground.  Let me know when you'll be coming down.  I could be back in town and I'd like to meet ya.