newbie question

Started by brandonweller, June 27, 2011, 05:33:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brandonweller

can you use bradley smokers inside a house or are they specificly for outside

Wildcat

It is primarily an outside unit. With proper venting, many have garage set-ups.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

ghost9mm

What wildcat said...the smoke smell is something not everyone wants in there living quarters, now I guess some do and that's fine, but most here have them on a patio or garage that is vented...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Toker

I do but I'm VERY CAREFULL. I always check the temp with my pid and thermometer and when the smoke time is done, i put the meat into a foil pan to make sure no fat drip on the element. I vent the smoke out trough my kitchen window.

Habanero Smoker

We have a member who hasn't posted in a while, but he use to travel a lot and he would set his up so that the smoke vented outside and used the Bradley inside his motel room. As much as I can remember he never set off any smoke detectors, and for insurance he would always give the staff some smoked foods. But for general use, it is made to be used outdoors only.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

beefmann

i say outside use , some units have caught on fire...

Jim O

Not being a scientist,I'd be concerned about carbon monoxide from the burning pucks.

IMHO I wouldn't use it in the house. In a vented garage or shed would be OK.

Jim O.

- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

Bigbirdoffroad

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on June 28, 2011, 02:17:59 AM
We have a member who hasn't posted in a while, but he use to travel a lot and he would set his up so that the smoke vented outside and used the Bradley inside his motel room. As much as I can remember he never set off any smoke detectors, and for insurance he would always give the staff some smoked foods. But for general use, it is made to be used outdoors only.
That's just too damn funny!!!!
I'm not the smartest peanut in the turd!

Habanero Smoker

He is quite a character, and his posts are out of the ordinary.  :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

3rensho

I do miss his posts.  He is indeed quite a character.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

GBIceman

Mine is in the garage, power vent to outside. Some smoke still escapes to the garage. Now I get hungry everytime I go in the garage!!!!! If you keep an eye on it I don't think a fire is a concern. Smoke detector can't hurt also.
Ice fishing rocks

If you are going to be stupid, you better be tough.