Hello from Butte, MT

Started by JML54, June 30, 2011, 10:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JML54

Hello all
I've enjoyed lurking on this forum for some time.  I recently purchased a Bradley smoker and PID.  Prior to this I used a Weber kettle for my smoking needs.  So far I've done Salmon (mixed but promising results) and Jerky (great!).  My first set of ribs are marinating in the refrigerator now.  Since I am in Montana, I will most likely be looking for some advice on cold weather smoking as the year progresses.
Joe 

muebe

to the forum!

Good to hear you are enjoying your new Bradley ;D

As far as winter smoking... In extreme cold weather it really helps to have a dual element or 900w element mod. Keeping a couple foil wrapped bricks in the cabinet to help retain heat. And adding near boiling water to the water tray will help during the winter time. Having your Bradley in some type of housing or cabinet to insulate it is very helpful(keeping it out of the wind). I am sure others will come along with more tips ;)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

ghost9mm

Hi and Welcome to the forum, we have a real nice family of very knowledgeable people here that will go out of their way to help you any way they can...My wife and I love Montana... :D
Here is a Bradley Faq link that will help you with some questions you may have...
  Again welcome to the smokehouse...
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?481-Bradley-Smoker-FAQ-s&p=748#post748
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

SouthernSmoked

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum...Enjoy!

http://www.susanminor.org

Remember we like pic's!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

pikeman_95

HEY GREAT

Now we have two members from Montana. I live in Missoula. If you are in town look me up. Welcome to the forum. If you have any questions that I can help you with give me a buzz.

Kirby

Caribou

Welcome to the Forum!
We're neighbors kind of...we're in Idaho.
Carolyn

grnhs

welcome fellow Montanan, I'm up in Havre.
In the winter I wrap a n old parka around the back and shield the vent from the wind.
If the wind is from the smoke generator side make sure that is protected or the pucks won't burn all the way.Have fun!
Dave

pikeman_95

Quote from: grnhs on July 08, 2011, 07:35:06 PM
welcome fellow Montanan, I'm up in Havre.
In the winter I wrap a n old parka around the back and shield the vent from the wind.
If the wind is from the smoke generator side make sure that is protected or the pucks won't burn all the way.Have fun!
Dave

Hi Dave
How about that another member from Montana. That makes three that I know of. Look me up if you ever get down to this part of the state.

Kirby

mtgrease

Makes 4, I am in Whitefish.

pikeman_95

ya got me surrounded. Look me up if you get to Missoula. You would think Montana would up to it's wazoo in sausage makers!!
Kirby