Bad Byrons Butt Rub (clone)

Started by Tenpoint5, July 27, 2011, 06:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OU812

Quote from: jbullard1 on August 17, 2011, 08:17:39 PM
Quote from: OU812 on August 17, 2011, 09:11:12 AM
I make my own chipotle powder with the jalapenos I grow, granted not all the peppers are red but tastes just the same.  ;D

I slice in half, put 4 hr Pecan on them, dehydrate then grind.

Just sayin.  :)

Pray tell how long this takes I have a bag of red Jap peppers just needing something done to them

I cut the stems off, cut in half length ways and place on the racks cut side down. If you want a mild powder remove the seeds and membrane.

Smoke with 4 hr Pecan with the smoker set at 150 F then place in the dehydrator, my Bradley racks slide right in my dehydrator. Set the temp at 150 F and check on them about 12 hr later.

When you grind them do it in the garage and were a respirator,,,trust me youll want it.  :o

I have a full face respirator.  ;)

SamuelG

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on August 17, 2011, 03:15:31 AM
Well all the hispanic stores are not what they seem to be. I went into 3 of them in Reading, PA asking for jap and chipotle powder and they had no freaking clue what i was talking about  :o  Kept showing me dried peppers. WTH THATS NOT WHAT I WANT

I finally found jap powder at a local Amish meat processing/smokehouse store....Dont that beat all  ??? El Amish-o

Hispanic Market.

NepaS is this what your looking for?
Let me know :)

SamuelG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SamuelG

Tiny Tim

Hey Chris...just wondering if you got any of the original Bad Byron's yet...I believe I saw it at one of the local stores, but since I don't venture into this part of the forum very often, didn't know you were looking for this when I could have hooked you up.  Planning on going to that store tomorrow, so I will verify that they have it, maybe grab a bottle or 2 and be able to send you one. 

La Quinta

Habs...jalepenos are so easy to grow from seed...honest...just buy one fresh stick the seeds in a pot and viola...done.. all ya need is sun...no heat...you can grow them in a kitchen window...you  know that...then just smoke and dehydrate...no buying Habs...you're the master blaster... ;D

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Tiny Tim on September 30, 2011, 09:17:20 PM
Hey Chris...just wondering if you got any of the original Bad Byron's yet...I believe I saw it at one of the local stores, but since I don't venture into this part of the forum very often, didn't know you were looking for this when I could have hooked you up.  Planning on going to that store tomorrow, so I will verify that they have it, maybe grab a bottle or 2 and be able to send you one.
No Tim I haven't gotten any yet. I haven't really been looking either.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Tiny Tim

OKay.  Grocery trip has been pushed off until tomorrow, but if they have it, I'll grab some and send ya one...I'll let you know if I was successful. lol

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: La Quinta on September 30, 2011, 11:26:27 PM
Habs...jalepenos are so easy to grow from seed...honest...just buy one fresh stick the seeds in a pot and viola...done.. all ya need is sun...no heat...you can grow them in a kitchen window...you  know that...then just smoke and dehydrate...no buying Habs...you're the master blaster... ;D

I'll give that a try, but not sure of the outcome. I use to have a green thumb, but that seems to have worn off in the past few years.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on October 02, 2011, 01:45:57 AM

I'll give that a try, but not sure of the outcome. I use to have a green thumb, but that seems to have worn off in the past few years.

Habs

I can clearly see how you worn off your green thumb. The green is all over your Bradley in your avatar!

::)  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Mr Walleye on October 02, 2011, 06:47:30 AM

Habs

I can clearly see how you worn off your green thumb. The green is all over your Bradley in your avatar!

Mike

I knew there had to be a logical reason.  ;D

That reminds me, it is fall so the avatar is over due for a change. So now people are going to wonder what the above conversation was about.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Mr Walleye

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on October 02, 2011, 12:55:14 PM
Quote from: Mr Walleye on October 02, 2011, 06:47:30 AM

Habs

Mike

I knew there had to be a logical reason.  ;D

That reminds me, it is fall so the avatar is over due for a change. So now people are going to wonder what the above conversation was about.

:D  :D  :D  :D :D  ;D

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

La Quinta

We do wonder...and it's nice to see Fishman back...really...but habs...just get a little pot and stick it in the window in the kitchen...trust me...like growing a chia pet!!! ;D

I sent my Mom an Obama Chia head to piss her off!!! she gave him a mowhawk!!!  ;D

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: La Quinta on October 02, 2011, 11:48:17 PM
We do wonder...and it's nice to see Fishman back...really...but habs...just get a little pot and stick it in the window in the kitchen...trust me...like growing a chia pet!!! ;D

I sent my Mom an Obama Chia head to piss her off!!! she gave him a mowhawk!!!  ;D

I will give it a try.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Rckcrwlr

I know this is an old thread but I found Chipotle Powder at Penzey's Spices

http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penzeys/p-penzeyschipotle.html