Wine, Brew & Bar-B-Que Too! Results In!! more pics...

Started by SouthernSmoked, July 30, 2011, 01:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Way to go Mark!

If you guys want to come to Paducah let me know but this year is totally closed.  The other thing you need to know is in Paducah not only are you competing, you also are cooking for a local charity of your choosing and feeding around 50,000 people for 3 solid days.

Now, having said all of that, if all goes well Pat, Hal and I are going to get our feet wet with this as one of the local competitors has asked me to bring "my guys"(his quote) down and cook his chicken entry for the competition because his guys apparently can't cook chickens for squat.  Jan and I have also agreed to take the Judge's class in August to make sure what the Judge's are looking for.

He has agreed to haul my MAK 2 Star down there if we will cook comp chickens for him.  Hopefully this will all work out so we can.  He's working through a pretty ugly divorce right now.

SouthernSmoked

Quote from: KyNola on July 31, 2011, 08:28:20 PM
If you guys want to come to Paducah let me know but this year is totally closed.  The other thing you need to know is in Paducah not only are you competing, you also are cooking for a local charity of your choosing and feeding around 50,000 people for 3 solid days.

Jan and I have also agreed to take the Judge's class in August to make sure what the Judge's are looking for.

Hey Larry when is the Paducah fun happening?

Here is a list of KCBS Judging Classes for August 2011

Certified BBQ Judging Class
ATHENS, AL 08/06/2011
SHAWNEE, KS 08/06/2011
DILLON, CO 08/11/2011
HERMANN, MO 08/18/2011
LYONS, GA 08/20/2011
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

squirtthecat

Hey Larry when is the Paducah fun happening?

September 22nd, 23rd and 24th.   The morning of the 24th is the competition.    We're rolling down there on the evening of the 22nd after MrsSTC gets out of school.

Tenpoint5

Not just too bad there Mark. At least you learned something while having fun.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!