Pistachios

Started by seemore, August 16, 2011, 06:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

KyNola

Scott, straight up, no you ain't getting the boudain but I did buy 9 lbs of pistachios at Sam's Club today.  Gonna do your recipe which is totally awesome and then I am going to do another batch with a twist and it's not the twist I talked to you about at MWSO II because my Kroger's stopped carrying the Tabasco Chipotle Sauce.

Most likely gonna have to call the twisted version "Ragin' Cajun Smoked Pistachios".  Thanks to my wingman STC who I consult with on just about everything I twist before I try it.  STC is the guy who came up with the name once I told him what I was thinking about.

OU812, stay tuned for the "Ragin' Cajun Smoked Pistachios".

OU812

Quote from: seemore on August 22, 2011, 06:15:32 PM
Quote from: OU812 on August 22, 2011, 10:09:27 AM
Quote from: KyNola on August 22, 2011, 09:38:10 AM
Curt, he's gonna strart whining again and I am too far away to give him another package of Veron's Pork and Crawfish Sausage to make him stop whining! 8)

The funny part is that the Mrs. will be the one who cooks that sausage.  :D
curt mrs only knows hot to cook nuts  ;D Larry if I whine can I have the boudin  :'(it was great meeting you larry and for curt well it was very fun joking with you by the way did tabetha make it to school ok.........
seemore

It was a good time joking around with ya Scott.

Taby did make it school fine, shes all moved in and had here first day at big girls school yesterday.

Shes a softmore now and has an apartment this year.

Quote from: KyNola on August 22, 2011, 06:31:57 PM
Scott, straight up, no you ain't getting the boudain but I did buy 9 lbs of pistachios at Sam's Club today.  Gonna do your recipe which is totally awesome and then I am going to do another batch with a twist and it's not the twist I talked to you about at MWSO II because my Kroger's stopped carrying the Tabasco Chipotle Sauce.

Most likely gonna have to call the twisted version "Ragin' Cajun Smoked Pistachios".  Thanks to my wingman STC who I consult with on just about everything I twist before I try it.  STC is the guy who came up with the name once I told him what I was thinking about.

I can hardly wait for the "Ragin Cajun Smoked Pistachios"

You still got my addy.  :D

seemore

Scott, straight up, no you ain't getting the Baudoin but I did buy 9 lbs of pistachios at Sam's Club today.  Gonna do your recipe which is totally awesome and then I am going to do another batch with a twist and it's not the twist I talked to you about at MWSO II because my Kroger's stopped carrying the Tabasco Chipotle Sauce.

Quote from: OU812 on August 23, 2011, 06:49:22 AM
Curt, he's gonna strart whining again and I am too far away to give him another package of Veron's Pork and Crawfish Sausage to make him stop whining! 8)

curt mrs only knows hot to cook nuts  ;D Larry if I whine can I have the boudin  :'(it was great meeting you Larry and for curt well it was very fun joking with you by the way did tabetha make it to school ok.........
seemore

It was a good time joking around with ya Scott.

Taby did make it school fine, shes all moved in and had here first day at big girls school yesterday.

Shes a softmore now and has an apartment this year.

I can hardly wait for the "Ragin Cajun Smoked Pistachios"

You still got my addy.
Larry ragin cajun ..........WOW sounds good  keep me posted
seemore
curt that is good to hear that taby there  and making DAD proud
seemore

hal4uk

Da pistachios ROCKED!
Awrighten.
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

squirtthecat

Quote from: hal4uk on August 23, 2011, 08:45:38 PM
Da pistachios ROCKED!
Awrighten.

What he said.

Never had a pistachio (much less a smoked blazin' one) before this weekend.  Now I keep staring at them at the grocery store..

Tenpoint5

curt mrs only knows hot to cook nuts  ;D Larry if I whine can I have the boudin  :'(it was great meeting you larry and for curt well it was very fun joking with you by the way did tabetha make it to school ok.........
seemore
That AINT gonna happen I done already put the Habyus Grabus on that!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

6 cups of Seemore's Blazing Pistachios and 4 cups of Ragin' Cajun Blazing Pistachios are in the Bradley getting 2 hours of hickory smoke and drying.  Camera being recharged to prove it's happening!

Here's what I did for the Ragin' Cajun Blazing Pistachios.  In the original recipe it calls for Green Tabasco which is really pretty mild so I subbed Cajun Power's Spicy Garlic Pepper Sauce and for the salt I subbed Soileau's Bayou Blend.  I used the same amounts as the original recipe called for and all of the other original ingredients were used as well.  No green Tabasco nor salt.

squirtthecat

classicrockgriller

You may have some Cajun "Butt Burner" Pistachios. ;D

If they are REAL hot you can mix some in with the seemore pistachios

and just not tell anyone. Just let them be surprised. ;D

squirtthecat

We snacked on some of the remaining Seemore Pistachios in Hal's garage...

MrsSTC was impressed - so I guess I'll be doing them soon!

OU812

Sounds gooood Larry.

If'n they are to hot for ya send em my way.  ;D

Oh Ya have ya tried the Habanero Tabasco? Thats got some kick to it, not much for flavor though.

KyNola

Told ya it was happening!  They are finished now and are awesome.  The Ragin' Cajun version doesn't have as much heat as I would have expected but has a nice "back" heat to them nonetheless.  Will punch it up a little next time. ;)

squirtthecat

Maybe Reveo 'em and let rest overnight? 

KyNola

Quote from: squirtthecat on August 24, 2011, 01:34:22 PM
Maybe Reveo 'em and let rest overnight?
Hmmm! That's a thought.