No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

OU812

Nice job Larry, slap some smoked meat on them and your in dream world.....dont forget the Starnes.  ;D

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Smokin Soon on August 31, 2011, 04:58:39 PM
Sonny, I think you need a google map to show the bread keepers when you go to the reunion. If you send me the info I'll put it together. I think they would get kick to see how far the starter has gone.

I kinda stopped keeping track of it, but maybe we can get a roll call of where all it is.

OU812

Quote from: classicrockgriller on August 31, 2011, 06:39:32 PM
Quote from: Smokin Soon on August 31, 2011, 04:58:39 PM
Sonny, I think you need a google map to show the bread keepers when you go to the reunion. If you send me the info I'll put it together. I think they would get kick to see how far the starter has gone.

I kinda stopped keeping track of it, but maybe we can get a roll call of where all it is.

I'll chime in,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Nebraska.

KyNola

As a bread starter newbie I am proud to say I'm in the Commonwealth of Kentucky!  The 1/2 starter is perfect for Jan and me.  Made 18 rolls.  Could have made 2 smallish loaves of bread instead.  That would last until time to feed the starter and go at it again.  I used to make bread a lot a long time ago so it will take me a bit to get back in the saddle but I'll get there.

Thanks again Sonny.

KyNola

Guess we didn't do any harm to the starter.  Look what I found in the frig this morning.  The mark on the jar is the level when we replaced the starter.

This stuff is awesome.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: KyNola on September 01, 2011, 09:41:32 AM
Guess we didn't do any harm to the starter.  Look what I found in the frig this morning.  The mark on the jar is the level when we replaced the starter.

This stuff is awesome.

:o  :o  :o                             :o  :o  :o

P E R F E C T !

Just a couple of notes:

1/2 starter jar> nothing smaller than a pint jar

1 cup starter jar> nothing smaller than a quart jar.

Plastic jars are iffy, ask Quarlow.  ::)  :o  ;D

There is pressure in the jar from the yeast being made.

Remove the lids slowly and let some of the gas escape if possible.

KN, GREAT job!