1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

KyNola

Thanks Mark!  That is awesome.

Tenpoint5

Time to get some labels Larry!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

squirtthecat

You know what the hardest part of this was? (at least IMO)

Getting a cup of Tabasco sauce out of those tiny little 2oz shakers..    :o

(four of them = 1 cup, by the way)

I'm going to look at buying it by the gallon from McIlhenny.    Comes out to $55/gallon including shipping.

KyNola

muebe

Quote from: squirtthecat on September 04, 2011, 07:47:51 AM
You know what the hardest part of this was? (at least IMO)

Getting a cup of Tabasco sauce out of those tiny little 2oz shakers..    :o

(four of them = 1 cup, by the way)

I'm going to look at buying it by the gallon from McIlhenny.    Comes out to $55/gallon including shipping.

Wife bought me a gallon container years ago. It lasted me about three years :o
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

cobra6223

Hey Larry
at the end of the rest of the story you forgot to say, Paul Harvey, Good Day !! ;D, man that seemore really srtaed someting with those nuts, the guys I work with think I need to start a sideline business, and the guy that just showed up with 3# and said would you smoke these now has his friends wanting some plus they have't tried the 2# of pecans he's getting today!! When will it stop, man this is FUN !!!!

KyNola

With any luck it doesn't stop!  Absolutely nothing makes me happier than when someone comes to me and says "Man that was good.  Could you make me some of that pork/brisket/pistachios/jerky/cheese/Muebe Nuggets?"

rdevous

Man...I could really go for some pork brisket pistachios jerky cheese Muebe nuggets about now...WOW does that sound YUMMY!!!

Ray

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

hal4uk

Quote from: cobra6223 on October 03, 2011, 11:15:10 AM
Hey Larry
at the end of the rest of the story you forgot to say, Paul Harvey, Good Day !!
[HIJACK!!]
When I was a kid, my dad bought a LOT of cars in Chicago and sold em all over (the best ones went on his lot in Paducah, KY)
He bought a lots of Corvettes, and often, they were "married" -- meaning you buy the corvette(s) and uhh.. also this Cadillac, and maybe a speedboat, or God knows what...  if'n you want the vettes.  One day, the deal was done on package of Vettes and "stuff", and the lady doing the paperwork asked him, "You ever heard of Paul Harvey?"...  Living in Chicago, she thought he was just a local personality (she had no idea he was syndicated nationwide).  "Of course I know who Paul Harvey is!".  She said, "you just bought his Vette!".  Checked the papers --- sure enough -- it was his.  Kinda cool!
[/HIJACK]
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Thomas DeWitt

Can anyone tell me the recipe to do the WHOLE 3 pound bag.  I have a Reveo just want to do them all at once like you did.

Tom
Spent many years home brewing.  Now taking my passion to Smoking and Barbequing.

squirtthecat

Quote from: Thomas DeWitt on December 21, 2011, 11:34:50 AM
Can anyone tell me the recipe to do the WHOLE 3 pound bag.  I have a Reveo just want to do them all at once like you did.

Tom

I got it right here...   ;)

1 cup of green Tabasco sauce (4 2oz shaker bottles)
1 cup of pickled jalapeno juice
5 tbsps of melted butter
1 1/2 tsps of salt or your favorite BBQ rub
5 tbsps of Worcestershire (roughly 1/3rd cup)
3 pound bag of pistachios

Stir together in a large container. (Reveo works great)   Smoke at 225? for a couple hours (to your taste) and leave in the smoker until dry.   Or smoke then transfer to a dehydrator.   

Let cool and package in an airtight container.

Beware...   They are habit forming!

KyNola

Thomas, STC has given you the recipe.  Combine all of the ingredients except for the nuts.  Here is what to do with the Reveo.  Dump the 3 lb bag of pistachios in the Reveo canister.  Next dump the combined liquid recipe in the canister with the nuts and vaccum as you normally would.  Tumble the nut/liquid combination for around 7 minutes.  Then they are ready to go on the racks and into the smoker.