Another short rib (?) cook

Started by GusRobin, September 12, 2011, 07:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GusRobin

I went to the store last week to get some short ribs. I usually ask the butcher to cut them long. This time it was a different butcher who cut them flanken-style. (The cut is lengthwise, rather than between the ribs as in the case of beef cut short ribs.)
When I got them home I froze them. Took them out this weekend with the intent of cooking them. Instead I played with the SRG. Didn't want to refreeze them, so decided to make them today. Had to work so didn't really have a chance to smoke them. So we threw them in the crock pot with some homemade BBQ sauce. Which is okay since this cut is better braised. Added some Syracuse potatoes with butter and sour cream for a good meal.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

mikecorn.1

NICE!! 8)

---
- Mike.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

SiFumar

Looks great!  When you say " Syracuse potatoes" are they also called salt potatoes?

GusRobin

Quote from: SiFumar on September 12, 2011, 10:17:47 PM
Looks great!  When you say " Syracuse potatoes" are they also called salt potatoes?
Yes, small potatoes boiled in water with a lot of salt
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

SiFumar

Thanks. Yep thought so...had them alot when we live upstate NY.  Will have to make again...brings back some good memories.

GusRobin

SiFumar

GusRobin

I grew up in Rome, NY -  most of my extended family still lives there. Hitchhiked a number of times thru Fort Drum going to and from places. Of course that was back in the early 70s when you could thumb a ride or pick up hitchers without either of you getting murdered. And you could move thru Ft Drum without much restriction.