• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

I lost my 4-legged best friend last nite.

Started by SnellySmokesEm, September 14, 2011, 06:05:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OU812

So sorry to here about Cassius Matt, I was hoping he would pull through.

I feel your pain brother, I lost my white boxer Balanka a year ago this coming Nov. She was my best friend and always by my side.

As you know my kids got together and got JD (my brindle boxer) for me on christmas and what a relief that was.

JD will be one in Oct. and I still call her Balanka every now and then.

Balanka and JD are sooooooo much alike some times I just sit and watch JD doing stuff and cant help but think about Balanka and smile remembering the good times Balanka and I had together.

Best wishes to ya my friend.

SnellySmokesEm

Thanks for all the kind words and support guys.  Today is really tough but I know it will get better with time.  I still have his 2 1/2 half brother to give me kisses and share more memories with.  I just hope he takes it ok once he starts to realize his big brother is gone...  :'(
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

NePaSmoKer

Matt

I'm so sorry to hear this. Our prayers go out to you and your family for the loss. Many of us know what your going through  :'(

OU812

I'm thinking it will take a week or so and Dempsey will start to notice his big brother aint there.

It took about that long for Tucker to notice when his big sister Balanka was gone.

Then along came JD and man what a time they have.

grnhs

SnellySmokesEm

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
            -Josh Billings 

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare.
And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
            -M. Acklam 

You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says,
'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
            -Dave Barry

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
            -Roger Caras

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
            -Will Rogers

These stood out the most for me...  Thanks again everyone.  It really means alot that so many of you guys care....   I have lost dogs before but I was too young and when my childhood german shepherd Tasha died I had been long out of my parents house.  Cassius was my first dog, I knew it was gonna hurt, but man I think I underestimated the hurt a lot.... 
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

beefmann

sorry to hear of your loss, of your pet, best friend and family  member, it is  hard to go through and remember you  are not alone, there are members here that also have lost there beloved pets over the years,

Take as much time as you  need and spend some time with your family and be there for them.

ghost9mm

Matt...that's really sad, to loose a member of the family really hurts..so sorry...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

deb415611

TestRocket

I'm really sorry for your pain! I know it too and it's damn real!

hal4uk

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

northof60girl

Ahhh...sorry to hear that Matt.   I have two cats but I love dogs as well and our pets are so much more than just family members.  I wish there were more pet owner like you (and others on here) that see the value that our 4-legged friends bring to our lives everyday.  I'm sure he knew how much he was cared for as is evident in those great pictures.  Hope you get lots of lovin  :-* from his brother !

SiFumar

So sorry for your loss.  Keep Dempsey busy and hopefully his loss of his brother will be easier for him.

And CRG....thanks for the quotes....they are profoundly true.

OU812

carnie1

So sorry to hear that, I'm sure you have many good memories to reflect on