Where do you get your meats???

Started by JoeW, September 20, 2011, 01:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeW

Lookign to get some nice sized brickets or pork butt. Local super markets hardly carry ribs let alone these meats.

Thanks - Joe

KyNola

Joe, if you have a Sam's Club near you, they should have butts and briskets.

JoeW

In more of a BJ's area. Plan on checking tonight.

squirtthecat

mrmoe

I've been getting ribs and butts at bj's......

Sailor

I get my pork butts at Costco.  They are bone out but I usually make sausage so that is not a big deal for me.  My briskets I get at WallyWorld.  I have a hard time finding the packer brisket and WallyWorld always seems to have them at a very good price.  The supermarkets only have the flats and charge a ton for them.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

squirtthecat

Not sure where you are at, but there is a Restaurant Depot in Needham Heights..

That's like the Disney World of meat!   You'll need a business license or a KCBS Membership to get in.

wthr_dude

beefmann

Smart and Final, Sams, and Costco are my  goto stores for  meats

300saum

Meat tooth

Strodes BBQ and Deli, Brantford, Ontario!
Chew carefully and don't let your meat loaf.

SouthernSmoked

I've always used Sam's until here lately...

Now I'm using Restaurant Depot - they have a great selection.
Their walkin cooler is bigger than some grocery stores that I've been in.
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Caneyscud

I tend to use Sam's, but now I am having to ask for what I want - they don't always have the Mass Meat out in the coolers.  The local Costco doesn't always have what I want plus they made me mad a couple of times - don't make Caney mad!  Been tempted to go to GFS, but they made me mad also - professionally.  There is a local meat shop - not really a butcher that carries great clods - in fact the only place I can find them now.  When I only need one brisket or one butt - I will oftentimes go to the International WallyWorld.  They don't usually have many of anything, but they do have a good selection of things I cannot find elsewhere.  Tri-Tip I get at Trader Joes.  Trying to get an acquaintance who owns a very large catering operation (they do the catering during the shooting of many movies and own 3 or 4 restaurants) to allow me to start ordering from where she gets her meat.   I am looking forward to going to our new Restaurant Depot.  It is scheduled to open the last quarter of 2011 - its getting close. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

squirtthecat

RD is the place to go...    Meat Nirvana!

CRG, Hal and I raided KyNola's butcher shop near Paducah.   What a place.  Right out of the 50s..