I must be blind....

Started by Oldman, May 06, 2004, 02:09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Where did my thread go about the Pet Gallery? I just did a search and it looks like it has been deleted....? Got an E-mail from another member here asking me where it went.... What is the deal?

I sure hope that management did not remove it because they feel that a smoker forum is threatened by a pet site. That somehow it was going to cost them customers.... If that is the case then I suggest that management read this: http://susanminor.org/info.html  If this crossed the line then I would have expected an E-mail explaining this removal. Of the several boards I admin on if a posting had to be removed the reason was given.

I have been select at where I posted concerning this site.  I offered it as I believe in the quality of members here.  If anyone here has a web-site you know that traffic cost. Storage cost, and yet my wife and myself offer this freely.  In fact we will NOT accept any monies from any one.  

Needless to say, this removal has caught us by surprise and frankly I'm somewhat put out concern this matter.

I would have expect this type of action from a low-rent gaming community....not from what I thought was a class act.  

I will be looking for at least an answer as to why this posting has been removed.  Someone here has just shot Mr. Bradley in the foot. I have talk up the Bradley smoker on the DoW site, on the MW4 site, the ARF site, and the TLH site..... I have told facility managers my company  works for about this product... well so much for that effort~~~~

We have gone as far as to offer our paid Web-Master to make your links work correctly at no charge...and we don't even get a E-mail????

I better stop now...the gamer is coming out of me, and believe me you would not like that.

Until I recieve an E-mail or see a posting explaining this action I will not post here again.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Chez Bubba

Olds,

Before you throw yourself on a sword, let me look into it. I know nothing at this time about what happened, I didn't do it, but I will find the answer for you.

I'm not going to say it was an accident until I find out the truth, but it could only be an "oops" click of the mouse, you know.[8]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

whitetailfan

Hey Olds,
Just an outside observer here, but lets try and bring you down a few atmospheres[;)]

You are totally justified in seaking an answer to your dilema.  You are a major contributor to the forum, and provide much advice and offers on computer issues as well as Smokin' issues.

While I have no idea what happened to the pet thread, I have read many of your off topic threads.  You have mingled in discussion about gaming, business, gardening (pineapples) etc.  All discussion is well received and people either participate or move on to the next topic - no big deal.

I submit that I conclude this is an accident, and if not, the gatekeeper who bumped you should have tossed out a bunch of other threads.  My point is that although I have no other experience in forums (this is my only participation) and do not understand the rules and etiquette, my common sence says that if any other non-food related topic is OK, then the pet thread has to be OK.  I looked back through a bunch of old postings, and all of your stuff is still intact, minus the pet thread.

I think that if this was deliberate, "the man with the big eraser" would have wiped out more topics, and not just your own.  But as Kirk said he is going to look into it - I just don't want you to quit contributing because you were slighted - at least until we get an answer.[8D]

<b><font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green"></b>
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Cold Smoke

Ditto to what WF said. I'm not a gamer nor do I have pets but I certainly don't mind the discussion of these topics between the other participants of this forum. It's nice to see we can share other topics of common interest. We are not forced to read those threads if we don't want to. We just simply move on to another topic.

You have contributed greatly to this forum and I look forward to your continued participation/input.

Maybe one day I'll want to grow a pineapple or go fishing in Katchemak Bay,Alaska. My 2 cents.

Cold Smoke

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bassman</i>
<br />Are all gamers immature and overly sensitive? <i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Jack,

Although a small part of me had the same reaction to Olds' post, I must object to this. The rest of your post sufficiently conveyed your thoughts, there is no need for the direct personal put-down. We're all smokin' buddies & should treat each other as such.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><br />Can't we be adults about this and let our love for smoke'n heal all wounds?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> Physician, heal thyself.

Kirk

Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

snapper39

Holy Smokes (no pun intended)
I must admit I'm not into the pet site thing but I certainly have no objection to Olds and the rest of you who do, talking about it and in fact thank you Olds for starting another thread to take it away from the smoking ones. I think maybe somebody at HQ is missing the point.Some relationships are being forged here that actually go past discussing their product and the promotion of their product.
The other thing I find absolutly amazing is, many members have voiced concerns over pictures and other forum or product related issues and there has never been a response from HQ. We have all believed no one was monitoring the site. If this has truly happened the guess what, someone has been monitoring and hasn't given two hoots about the problems and questions everyone has posed.
Olds has my vote here "I Object"

Do ya think anyone will be monitoring this?

Snap

I'd walk a thousand miles to smoke a "Camel"

msiler

I must jump in and say I am sure that it was accidental.. At least I sure hope it was. I am not a gamer put I am a dog owner and I saw no reason whatsoever that that post in particular should have been pulled...

As for the "immaturity" comment I just posted yesterday about how positive all the posts(people) are on this board now we get this. Please don't let this start a trend..

Just my $.02

PS&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; A while back one of my posts was moved to a more apropriate heading.. The board sent an email to me about it, I believe it was an automatic thing. Is there any way that you may have deleted it yourself on accident??
When in doubt smoke it.

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by snapper39</i>
<br />We have all believed no one was monitoring the site. If this has truly happened the guess what, someone has been monitoring and hasn't given two hoots about the problems and questions everyone has posed.....Do ya think anyone will be monitoring this?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Snap,

Have you missed this?

<b>Chez Bubba
Administrator

USA
322 Posts</b>

Have you not noticed I come here virtually every day to check up?

I'm not "HQ", just a guy that's been smoking for 20+ years & enjoys the hell out of it. We became a dealer because we thought the Bradley was the best smoker ever invented for ease of use.

Yes, I give "two hoots", yes, I will be monitoring, no I cannot control what the people at "HQ" do or don't do. I do not view this board as a "Cheerleader Forum", it is a place where Bradley owners can express their triumphs, failures & concerns.

I fully support members sharing passions other than smoking. It just makes us a more tightly fused community.

I'm still in the process of investigation to find a reply to Olds' concern. There are certain logistics when trying to carry on a conversation six time zones apart. Let's not all go "grassy knoll" without some facts.

Kirk

snapper39

Chez: I apologize if I have insulted you, that was certainly not the intention. You have been awesome. What I am refering to is when ever a memeber has a problem or issue we rely on you to take it upstream, leaving me with the believe that no one else is monitoringb from Bradley or from a tech perspective.
When all is said and done I will continue to support this forum. I have learned so much from everyone and am quite enjoying this hobby although putting on a few pounds.

Snap

I'd walk a thousand miles to smoke a "Camel"

Bassman

I apologize to you Olds, and to anyone else that took offense to my last post. I have learned so much on this forum and really enjoy being apart of it.

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

ChefJeff

Olds,Anyone who would delete those beautiful babies should be smoked.Now if they deleted Fuzzy's pic I could understand that.HA,ha Lighten up we have a great forum.[:)][:D][8D]

SMOKIN & SPOKEN

Fuzzybear

Ha! - Grassy Knoll - that was a good one...How many shots were there?

Well Olds, I think you have a lot of friends out here with a lot of support...hang in there man...Kirk will get it resolved, in the meantime, I can't wait for that Pet Site to open!

Later.............

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Glendora, CA - USA!

Oldman

Hey all....

First let me say that I have not been wrong about this community...

Next I got feeling that Bradley management did not really look at the original posting in it fullest.  Perhaps they only saw someone advertising at their expense of bandwidth a new site.  If someone came to the DoW site and was advertising their gaming site as a better that Super-Glue deal I believe I would have removed said posting. However, I would have then either PM or E-mail an explaination concerning my action.

While I have read Chez statment of mis-clicks I'm sorry but as an Admin of so many other boards either this board does not offer a warning of removal or its removal was with a direction.  All I asked was a reason to be given.

In defense of Bassman I can reflect back and he is correct. I should have with-held my words.  I allowed past dealing with board and gaming problems to come into this problem...Those dealings are a subject for another discussion another time.  However, not to leave you all in the dark concerning that statment I will share this.

In one great game that I and many of us loved to play and fellowship with there came a hacker group called the OP's. At one point they were over 65 strong.  I helped create a place where we (several gaming clans) came together to fight this hacking group.  In the end we got rid of them.  However, that knowledge is what I was refering to when I said I needed to go...that the gamer was coming out of me.  That statment was total wrong and Bassman had reason as an adult to call me down on it....  I do not fault him for this, and I say thank you, Bassman, for reminding me that this is not a gaming site and I'm not having to deal with game hackers...but that this is  a great place to be.  So I ask this question of eveyone here: <b>Shall we not just put this behind us... (?)</b>

I was not going to repost here until I recieved an answer...but given the support shall we stop looking any futher. I'm sure at this point managemant has perhaps a new understanding that we as a group have many interest that go outside that of the BS. That these other interest only make BS forums a stronger place to be a member of.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Bassman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Shall we not just put this behind us... (?)<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Yes we shall!!
Olds I have a new found respect and admiration for you. My intentions were not to put you down personally, I just didn't understand the reaction. Lets SMOKE-ON!!

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

whitetailfan

Yay - (insert small golf clap here)[:)]

Olds - Glad to see you back, glad to see you forgive/forget.

Bassman - I also found original post lacking professionalism to some extent, but you have expressed regret on your reply and was accepted by Oldman, we're all moving on.

Chez - Your rebut to Snapper struck me a little.  From what I read around here, we all understand that you are the Admin to help us out and of course we see how many posts you have and how frequent.  What I see in Snap's comments are that Bradley (the company in Richmond) do not jump in to help out on questions in the forum, and he was implying that it was THEM who could have done this, as you already said you did not.  We all appreciate your help!!!  I certainly don't read his post as a complaint to Chez-Bubba.[:D]

This is my last reply on this topic, as for the last three days we've been gabbing about technical computer crap and upset feeling.  All pricipal players are ready to move on, and I'm ready to start talking about FOOD again[:p][:p][:p]

<b><font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green"></b>
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.