Thanks to those that host their pictures on google

Started by devo, September 26, 2011, 05:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devo

Like a lot of people surf this site at work. Shhhh don't tell the boss.  ;)
The big problem I have is the company blocks photos uploaded to photobucket or tinypic and a few others i'm sure.
One thing I did notice that any pictures squirtthecat posted I can see and they are not blocked. So being curious I looked to where he was linking them to. Turn out they are linked to his google account. Makes perfect sence as most companys don't block google as they need a search engine on how to screw their employees  ::)
So a few months back I opened a google account, its FREE and you can upload 1GIG of pictures. Thems alot of pictures. You can edit them using Picasa right where you upload them to. Your google account also gives you a really nice calendar for all those important dates we tend to forget.
So thanks squirtthecat for showing me the way  ;)
Hope more people would take this option so we all can follow the pretty pictures you guys post.
Devo

mikecorn.1

Mike

squirtthecat

I pay them about 25 bucks or so a year and have 81 gig of online storage...

Now THAT is a lot of pictures!  (that also includes my Gmail account, online docs that I am sharing, etc.)

Chili Head

I had no idea! I'll have to look into that 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SamuelG

81 Gigs... That's a ton of butts!

Thanks fir the google idea.

SamuelG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SamuelG

FLBentRider

You might want to check the fine print and see who owns those pics after you upload them. I haven't read it but I've heard things...
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

devo

Quote from: FLBentRider on September 26, 2011, 07:01:00 PM
You might want to check the fine print and see who owns those pics after you upload them. I haven't read it but I've heard things...

;D ;D ;D
Well if someone wants to take my pics of pulled pork and stick it on the cover of food magazine I think I would be honoured  :) ;) :D

squirtthecat

Here is the legal spiel from Google:

QuoteYour Intellectual Property Rights
Google does not claim any ownership in any of the content, including any text, data, information, images, photographs, music, sound, video, or other material, that you upload, transmit or store in your Picasa account. We will not use any of your content for any purpose except to provide you with the Service.

Quote11. Content license from you

11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the Services and may be revoked for certain Services as defined in the Additional Terms of those Services.

11.2 You agree that this license includes a right for Google to make such Content available to other companies, organizations or individuals with whom Google has relationships for the provision of syndicated services, and to use such Content in connection with the provision of those services.

11.3 You understand that Google, in performing the required technical steps to provide the Services to our users, may (a) transmit or distribute your Content over various public networks and in various media; and (b) make such changes to your Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that Content to the technical requirements of connecting networks, devices, services or media. You agree that this license shall permit Google to take these actions.

11.4 You confirm and warrant to Google that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the above license.

squirtthecat

cajunboudreaux

Laissez les bon temps rouler