Tri Tip Fun aka I have an Idea .......... Hold my Beer!

Started by classicrockgriller, September 27, 2011, 06:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SiFumar

mikecorn.1

Mike

classicrockgriller

Cutting the Tri Tip against the grain, the Tri Tip fajita's just

bit apart instead of tearing. The Tri Tip was 2lbs 14oz and I

cooked up a lb. They were grilled on the SRG. Gonna cook

up the rest this weekend with a different fajita marinade and

do them on the Bubba Keg.

rcger

I have an idea...Hold my beer!  In Jefferson County, MO, those words scare me to death!
There's room for all of God's critters right next to the mashed taters and gravy!

La Quinta

Sonny...I do the same...whack off a hunk and do one thing with it...then do an entirely different thhing with the other piece...love that about big cuts...gonna try the breakfast dish...as well as your Iron Chef turn in...

Caneyscud

Sonny - good looking Gringo Grub there!  Had almost the same thing Wed. night.  Except used thin sliced brisket and put some fresh roasted Hatch Chilis on top.  boy oh boy!  Unfortunately there is a BBQ joint 3 or 4 blocks from the office used to make some killer brisket tacos, but they recently changed to chopped brisket and simplified the recipe and they aren't near as good.  However, they started putting chopped brisket on their nachos and changed to cheese to a white cheese sauce.  Now that was a good change!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

TMB

Dang never thought I'd see a tri-tip like that.

Great job!   ;)

OBTW... Here in Huntsvile/Toney they look at you real funny when you ask for a tri-tip  :o
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

iceman

Just started seeing tri tip up here in the north recently. That looks real tasty there Sonny. A must try for us!!! What kind of seasoning did you use when you vac marinaded it?

Now about the hold my beer rum part and I have an idea. That just scares the heck out of Ann.  :o  ;D

classicrockgriller

Quote from: iceman on October 12, 2011, 10:17:14 AM
Just started seeing tri tip up here in the north recently. That looks real tasty there Sonny. A must try for us!!! What kind of seasoning did you use when you vac marinaded it?

Now about the hold my beer rum part and I have an idea. That just scares the heck out of Ann.  :o  ;D

Ice, I used Sweetwater Spice Co Fajita marinade. It was OK, but will try something different next time.