Jim Beam Banquettes

Started by Fisher, October 12, 2011, 07:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fisher

Hi guys and gals...

I just purchased my new digital Bradley Smoker and it smokes great, you got to love it.  My first smoke was a Sockeye Salmon.  I smoked it with Apple Banquettes I would have preferred Alder but the store hand none in stock. I bought some JIM BEAM Banquettes made from the oak barrels of Jim Beam Bourbon.  I have two questions, has any buddy smoked salmon with the Jim Beam's, if so how was the results?  Second, since the Jim Beam Banquettes are Bourbon flavored would there be a shelf time on the Banquettes?

Happy Smoking...

Happy Smoking

Chili Head

I haven't used them for salmon but they rock for smoking jerky :D I wouldn't worry about the shelf life. I e had some for a year and they seem fine to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quarlow

JIM BEAM BANQUETTE. Man that is a banquette I want to go too.  ;D ;D ;D Like I said in my Pm, we like to tease each other. They are actually call Bisquettes. I like Alder also for salmon. Must be a west coast thing. And they are not carried by most places even here. I found Bradleys new office today and it is just down the road from our trailer yard so I can stop there anytime.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Ka Honu

Quote from: Quarlow on October 12, 2011, 07:56:26 PMMan that is a banquette I want to go too.

Why?  Oh, I forgot, in Canada y'all spell things funny so "banquette" might mean a fancy meal instead of a bench, shelf, or parapet like it does here.  Sorry.

In any event, I always keep my banquette banked with biscuits and bisquettes for baking and banquets (but that's just me and I'm a known smartass).

mikecorn.1

Quote from: Ka Honu on October 13, 2011, 10:06:14 AM
Quote from: Quarlow on October 12, 2011, 07:56:26 PMMan that is a banquette I want to go too.

Why?  Oh, I forgot, in Canada y'all spell things funny so "banquette" might mean a fancy meal instead of a bench, shelf, or parapet like it does here.  Sorry.

In any event, I always keep my banquette banked with biscuits and bisquettes for baking and banquets (but that's just me and I'm a known smartass).
Lol ey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Quarlow

Thanks for the english lesson turtle. I digress.  ;D ;D ;D I hate  when I make an ass of myself, especially with a new member. I was just trying to BE funny not look funny. Mind you it is hard not to look funny when you look like I do.  :-[ Sorry fisher. I'll go back to my corner now.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.