GB Jerky

Started by northof60girl, October 06, 2011, 12:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OU812

Quote from: northof60girl on October 06, 2011, 08:04:57 PM
Back to Canadian Tire tomorrow..sigh...

Its all for a good thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,your gonna make some killer jerky tomarrow.

Keep that vent wide open and after the smoke dump the water pan and put it back in empty.

northof60girl

Smoke off, water dump...check  ;D
Thanks

OU812

Quote from: northof60girl on October 06, 2011, 08:15:37 PM
Smoke off, water dump...check  ;D
Thanks

Bend with a slight crack but dont break,,,done.

northof60girl

DTAggie

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on October 06, 2011, 03:49:52 PM
Just use the same recipe but don't stuff it into casings then. It's that simple.

Yes it is that simple

northof60girl

Well here are the first pictures of my first attempt to make Greg's Spicy Sticks!  Wasn't so bad but we'll see how they turn out in a couple of hours!

classicrockgriller

Just a quick question.

How many Hours are you going to smoke that Jerky?

PS. It's OK to pull that plastic thingie off the front of the smoke generator. ;D

northof60girl

I know lol...but I'm a girl Sonny and we like our things to look shiny and new for as long as possible.  As for smoking, Greg's recipe says 1.5-2 hours of smoke at 150 F....thanks!

devo

Ya thems a lot of bucks you got in there girl.....hey but if you like a lot of smoke then go for it. Looking good. About time you smoked something in that smoker.

northof60girl

Oops Sonny, the rest of what I wrote did not show up.  Should I turn the smoke off after 2 hours when I raise temp to 175F ?

devo

You can do that if you wish or you can program your smoke generator to only smoke for two hours.

northof60girl

haha..I wasn't going to use all those pucks...I just threw them in there to empty the package out.  Smoke will be off soon and then I'll just run the oven temp at 175F until the meat reaches 152F.

classicrockgriller

rotate the racks (front to back and top to bottom) every now and then.

northof60girl

Just did that..you must be psychic Sonny!  I changed the water too as I forgot to check that earlier and it was full of pucks! Some is off and just oven is on now.   

devo

Just a suggestion, if or when you have finished the smoke don't put the bowl back in as you are trying to dry that meat out. GB I find takes a lot longer than whole.