Jerky Sheets

Started by classicrockgriller, October 08, 2011, 01:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northof60girl

You're an inspiration Sonny!   ;)

Quarlow

He certainly is and I never even thought to use the board for GB jerky like that. You really think outside the box. I have to make 2 more boards. One for my brother and one for myself. I need to see how my boards actually work as I have never even tried one out yet. Very nice Sonny.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

hal4uk

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

pikeman_95

CR first you are doing it something like I do my jerky. I could give you a few suggestions. When you roll the meat out use some plastic wrap on it and use the roller on top of the plastic wrap. Sprinkle a little powdered sugar on the plastic and it keeps it from sticking to the roller. I use a stainless roller that spans the strips and the sheets come out with the exact thickness. I then score the sheets with a plastic channel that leaves the stick groves in the meat. I press the plastic channel right through the plastic wrap. I then pull the plastic wrap off of the meat strips and put it into the smoker. After the meat gels I then use a plastic knife to finish the cuts through the strips. If you separate it into strips while it is smoking it will dry more evenly.

Kc

classicrockgriller

I used a wooden roller and hit the meat with a light

spray of Olive oil and it was No Stick.

It is taking awhile to dry but I am only at 160*.

SiFumar

Quote from: pikeman_95 on October 08, 2011, 09:03:17 PM
CR first you are doing it something like I do my jerky. I could give you a few suggestions. When you roll the meat out use some plastic wrap on it and use the roller on top of the plastic wrap. Sprinkle a little powdered sugar on the plastic and it keeps it from sticking to the roller. I use a stainless roller that spans the strips and the sheets come out with the exact thickness. I then score the sheets with a plastic channel that leaves the stick groves in the meat. I press the plastic channel right through the plastic wrap. I then pull the plastic wrap off of the meat strips and put it into the smoker. After the meat gels I then use a plastic knife to finish the cuts through the strips. If you separate it into strips while it is smoking it will dry more evenly.

Kc

This is what's great about this forum.....tips about how others do things!

classicrockgriller

I took Kirby's advise and went ahead and cut them into strips.

I would say they are 70 to 80% done. Geez.

SiFumar

classicrockgriller

classicrockgriller

These things took for ever to finish drying out cause of the thickness of the meat.

Guess I won't use a whole muscle jerky board to make Ground beef jerky again. ;D

The jerky is actually very good. Nice flavor and a nice "tear" to it. I might would have

liked a little more seasoning, but they don't suck.

mikecorn.1

Very nice looking jerky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Keymaster

Looks killer sonny!!!!

SiFumar

Looks great! Thanks for posting!

viper125

Looks Great! Have to try it that way. Whats the difference between a whole muscle board and a ground Beef one?
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

SouthernSmoked

Dang Sonny - that really turned out good!

Awesome!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little