smoker in the garage?

Started by cathouse willy, October 22, 2011, 01:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathouse willy

I've seen several "in the garage setup" pictures on the forum. My question is for those that have or know of them.Can someone post some details of the outdoor smoke vent? I have racoons regularly prowl around the setup on the deck and it would be nice to move it into the garden shed.Thanks.
Bill

OU812

I made a hood outta tin I had laying around.

Put an bathroom exhaust fan on it.

Then hung above the smoker.

And used a dryer vent on the outside.

If you dont want to make something you could buy a range hood and mount in the same way.

zueth

Quote from: cathouse willy on October 22, 2011, 01:33:38 PM
I've seen several "in the garage setup" pictures on the forum. My question is for those that have or know of them.Can someone post some details of the outdoor smoke vent? I have racoons regularly prowl around the setup on the deck and it would be nice to move it into the garden shed.Thanks.
Bill

Friend took a dryer vent tubing and ran it from the top of the smoker out the top of the garage door when it is open a little ways, there is a crack crated at the top you can put through.

smokeNcanuck

I use basically the same set up as OU, however I bought and old range hood and mounted on a piece of plywood that I cut to fit in my window.
I just take the whole thing out when not in use.  I bought a flapper valve(I believe that is the technical name:o) that goes thru the ply.

Hope this helps ya.
Either Way....I'm Smoke'N It