Bradley PID.. Headaches..

Started by manderson2228, October 31, 2011, 06:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TedEbear

Quote from: muebe on October 31, 2011, 09:00:57 PM
Now I just caught this but is your smoke generator on? The smoke generator heating element could be keeping the temp from dropping below 160F

That's exactly what I was wondering as I rode to work this morning.  That, plus he's trying to auto-tune it at a fairly low temp of 150*F could be the main problem. 

When I set mine up I ran the auto-tune and had it set for 220*F. I kept the SG on but it didn't matter at that temp. Don't forget the bricks to simulate a load of meat.

pensrock

I do not understand why you want to autotune at 150. I would set it to 225 or so then do auto tune. At 150 the heating element will barely have to come on. also make sure you have a simulated load in the tower.

manderson2228

Quote from: pensrock on November 01, 2011, 06:39:54 AM
I do not understand why you want to autotune at 150. I would set it to 225 or so then do auto tune. At 150 the heating element will barely have to come on. also make sure you have a simulated load in the tower.

I was seasoning it, and it wasn't holding so i was trying to figure it out. It finally finished the auto tune last night. Looks to be running better now. Took about 3 auto tunes.. last one took well over 2 hours.