• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Trying goat for the first time (using my DCBE)

Started by TMB, October 24, 2011, 05:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMB

OBTW.... T2's rub is very good even on goat!

Hey Tim there's your catch phrase "It's so good it even makes goat taste great"!   ;D ;D

The meat was good had lots of smoky goodness.  Now the texture is not as good as pulled pork but close. It reminds me of pulled beef that's just a tad tough but borderline on being very good.  I will smoke the other hunk of meat I have but I want to talk to my friend first to see what he thinks.

Thanks Sonny, Chris and Tim for all the input!
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

Caneyscud

Old men and old goat - what's the difference - all gristle and silver skin (oh I mean silver hair) My bad!  And like old men - old goat may need marinading in alcohol!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

TMB

Quote from: Caneyscud on October 26, 2011, 05:47:37 AM
Old men and old goat - what's the difference - all gristle and silver skin (oh I mean silver hair) My bad!  And like old men - old goat may need marinading in alcohol!
Well, it was in a bourbon brine!  ;D   (not me but the goat)  ;D

SiFumar

I think that pulled goat would make some fine tacos.

TMB

I still have the front shoulder to cook and from what my friend said I'm smoking it as well

he said best smoked goat he has ever had!    (only smoked goat he has had)  ;)

Tenpoint5

As long as he is happy then you should be happy. Sounds like you have a new supplier of Goat. Need to get one and make some snausage out of him.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

TestRocket

You did good! So it didn't taste like chicken?  :o

Sailor

I think some one has it posted in there sig that if you can catch it you can smoke it.  Figures that you catch a goat it can be smoked.   ;D  I have enjoyed this thread.  Not sure if I will ever try it but glad to know it can be done.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

TMB

Quote from: Sailor on October 26, 2011, 03:13:05 PM
I think some one has it posted in there sig that if you can catch it you can smoke it.  Figures that you catch a goat it can be smoked.   ;D  I have enjoyed this thread.  Not sure if I will ever try it but glad to know it can be done.
Believe me you need to try one!

Just remember to brine 24 hrs, then wash off put on a mustard slather and your rub and off to the smoker for a long ride!