• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Daughter and a Duh moment

Started by Sailor, October 26, 2011, 01:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sailor

About a month ago the daughter that lives in Atlanta was down in the Keys with her sister.  She stopped by on her way home and cleaned me out of sausage and snack sticks.  I threw in a pack of brisket.  She called about 2 hrs ago and wanted to know how to cook the roast that I gave her.  What roast would that be my darling daughter I replied.  She said the one that is labeled "brisket".     Thud......explained to her again that it was pre-cooked and that all she had to do was heat it up.  She said she wanted to cook it in a crock pot with all her veggies like a roast.  Told her to do the veggies anyway she wanted but do NOT ruin that brisket cooking it like a roast.  Walked her though the re-heating of a brisket with apple juice and told her the best way to eat it is in a sammy anyway.  I just got a call from a very excited girl child.  "Dad, that is the best sandwich that I have ever eaten."  She said I don't remember you ever making brisket like this before when I was growing up.  I says I didn't have a Bradley when you were growing up.  LOL

She said she is coming down for Thanksgiving and wanted to know if I will make her a "whole" brisket for her to take back.  Told her that I will have one with her name on it.

Don't cha just love it when your Kids have an Awe moment? 

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

GusRobin

Quote from: Sailor on October 26, 2011, 01:03:23 PM

Don't cha just love it when your Kids have an Awe moment?

Need another kid? If its worth a brisket I'll sign up.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

sparky1

i got 2 daughters and 1 son.  i will give you any of them.  they don't do much chores and ask for money all the time and eat all my lucky charms up.   :'(
26.75 OTG
18.5 WSM

Sailor

Quote from: sparky1 on October 26, 2011, 01:41:20 PM
i got 2 daughters and 1 son.  i will give you any of them.  they don't do much chores and ask for money all the time and eat all my lucky charms up.   :'(

I hear you there.  As they were growing up they were the BMTMGM types.  That is Buy Me, Take Me and Give Me.  Now that they are all growed up and married with kids of their own they are fantastic. 

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

OU812

Gotta love them,,,,,,,,,,know how many Awe moments they have.  ;D

I get more Awe moments from my wife than the kids though.  ::)

ArnieM

Nice story Sailor.  Sometimes, after all the hell we seem to go through, there's a payback.  Sometimes daddy knows ...

My daughters must have caught the cooking bug from me.  Now instead of the "Buy Me" (still get some of that though) I get a lot of calls for cooking advice.

Sparky, hang in there.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

beefmann

ghost9mm

Quote from: sparky1 on October 26, 2011, 01:41:20 PM

Now that's funny, it made me laugh out loud...

Sailor you are a lucky man, it's these times when your children ask you for something and you can still fulfill a want...but you will worry if they quit asking...I love it when one of my son's still ask for advice...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

SiFumar

Tenpoint5

Quit complaining Jim you know you was looking for an excuse to cook something else for Thanksgiving anyhow!! ;D ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

viper125

Can't think of a better compliment on your food then from your own child. You must of raised a very good daughter.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

classicrockgriller

Before my oldest Son moved out for the 4th and last time, He ask me

if a married friend of his could stay over a few days as this young man

and his wife were having troubles. I've know the boy for 15 years and

is a good young man so I said sure. Just so happened while he was there

I cooked outside everyday. Finally one morning he came to me and said

that Him and His wife had talked and resolved their problems and that he

was going to be leaving to go back Home. Told Him good luck and added

that I was gonna grill steaks for supper. His eyes got big and he said that

He didn't tell his wife what time he would be there and that he would go

home AFTER the steaks.

SouthernSmoked

You are a good father and sounds like you have a lovely daughter.

Niiice job Sailor!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

RFT

"Some world views are spacious and some are merely spaced."