GB Jerky Mayhem

Started by kickedback, October 25, 2011, 06:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kickedback

Wasn't planning on doing this tonight, but after seeing NePaSmoker's mix, I decided to do up a batch myself.

I pulled out 5lbs of ground sirloin and went at it.

The Culprits

The Mix

The Lineup: 6 racks

The Smoke

In the OBS right now with 2 hours of Mesquite rolling.

NePaSmoKer

Nice

Shipshewana  Indiana  ;D

kickedback

Yep, about 20 minutes away. They have a great meat and cheese store down there that's given me some good ideas to try. They have a Jalapeno Jack ring bologna that I want to try add duplicate. Any suggestions?

Quarlow

Dang that is going to be good. I got the hot sticks package from Rick so I was going to use the cotton bags I got also from Rick. Thanks again Rick. I went to get my new grinder out and could not find the handle or the griner plates. I think it is buried under my daughters stuff when she move back home after only being gone for one month. So I was pissed cause I can't lift the stuff on my own and I don;t have any help right now. Into the freezer with the pork shoulder. razzafrazzadirtyrotten!@#$%%%&&^&^&*(*(.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

kickedback

What are the cotton bags for?

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Quarlow

You stuff your sausage mix in the bags and then smoke it like a normal sausage. Nepas is the one who brought these to light. Of course when I saw his I realized I had seen this before but I didn't know what I was seeing. I bought one that had been dipped in wax after it had cured and smoked. It was awesome.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

kickedback

Ok, Got it, Thanks.

Here's the final result. Got some good comments at work on this batch today.

Keymaster

Looks darn good to me, I gotta hankerin for a hunk of beef now ;D

Quarlow

Ooooo, I would marry a plate of that.  ;D ;D

OBS
BBQ