The Chat Button

Started by TedEbear, November 12, 2011, 07:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TedEbear

The old CHAT button used to display how many people were currently in the chat room.  It was a nice feature to not waste time going into the room if no one was there.  Any chance of it being revived?

Quarlow

On my computer where it says "No user is in chat" It changes to say how many users are in chat.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.
No user is in chat.
November 12, 2011, 09:35:39 pm
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Habanero Smoker

If you look at the bottom of the home page in the "Users Online", it will list the members who are in the chat room, if no one is in the chat room it will indicate that.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Tiny Tim

Quarlow and Habs are correct, unless like me and 14 others of us, you are using the "Core" layout template...for some reason that doohickey didn't make it into that theme.

TedEbear

Quote from: Tiny Tim on November 13, 2011, 04:20:55 PM
Quarlow and Habs are correct, unless like me and 14 others of us, you are using the "Core" layout template...for some reason that doohickey didn't make it into that theme.

Apparently that's the problem.  I've looked and looked and there's no mention of the chat room status anywhere near the bottom of the home page that I can see.  The actual CHAT button near the top used to display how many people were in the room right next to it but it doesn't show that anymore.

Anyway thanks for the replies, guys.

Habanero Smoker

It could be a browser issue. What browser and version are you using? It may be a compatibility problem.

For IE 8 the compatibility button is on the address bar; between the url address and the refresh button. Click on that button may resolve your problem.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Tiny Tim

It's the template....he is using the Core template (looks exactly like mine and that's what I have)...I looked at the other templates and they all have the chat users on the bottom of the page...Core does not.  I like Core, so I'm not changing, and I don't mind popping in to see who's in there either.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Tiny Tim on November 14, 2011, 01:54:44 PM
It's the template....he is using the Core template (looks exactly like mine and that's what I have)...I looked at the other templates and they all have the chat users on the bottom of the page...Core does not.  I like Core, so I'm not changing, and I don't mind popping in to see who's in there either.

TT;

Thanks for explaining. I believe I am using the Core template. I will have to did around in my settings to find out which template I am actually using.

I
         don't
                   inhale.