Kicked up Cashews

Started by Tenpoint5, November 01, 2011, 06:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Our forum friend Seemore started something around here that has led to an addiction for many of us. Blazing Pistachios!! I myself am rather lazy when it come to feeding my face and it is entirely too much work fishing them stachios out of the shells. So I had to come up with something just as good or better that I didn't have to work as hard at to get the same results. Of course something that didn't cost half my paycheck was worth looking into as well. So I bought me a big jar of Cashews and set to playing the mad scientist again. This was my first try at this one and it worked. We aint gonna talk about the second option it flopped big time.

Kicked up Cashews

1 Tablespoon Butter
4 Tablespoon Green Tabasco (One small jar)
2 Tablespoon Starnes BBQ sauce
2 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce (Be quiet I know you put 3 T of the stuff in your Blazing Stachios Just like I did!)
Mix all of the above in a pan on the stove over medium heat until the butter has melted. Then Add 3 Cups of Cashews. Stir until completely coated. Dump out on a Bradley rack with frogmat or whatever you use to keep them from falling through. Heat Bradley smoker up to 250 put cashews in and apply 1:20 minutes of smoke your flavor. I used Hickory. Continue to heat until the nuts start to dry out and harden up again about 2-3 hours total. remove and allow to cool and break them apart put in a container with the lid off until completely cooled. These have a really good taste. The heat level is such that only one other person in my house will eat them other than me. So they is PERFECT!! Those that know me know this "They have a little LOVE on the backside!!"

Going into the smoker

Coming out of the Smoker

How I keep the Cashews from rolling off the sides. A little piece of tinfoil draped over the sides.

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

hal4uk

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

muebe

Oh yeah Chris those look great ;D
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

seemore

You are right they look great THOSE ARE ALSO PIRCEY
SEEMORE

wyoduke

Looking  good Chris  ;D
1 OBS
1 BRINKMAN
1 ROYAL JOKE
1 Smoke Daddy
1 Brinkman smoker grill
1 Green Mountain Grill

SiFumar

La Quinta

So Chris could do the same with pistacios?

SouthernSmoked

Man Oh Man....nice looking cashews!

Good job Chris!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

OU812

Lookin gooood Chris.

I've done this with Almonds and they are grrrrrrrrrrrreat!

Tenpoint5

Just wanted to update with a before and after picture. To show how much color and flavor they took on.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

squirtthecat

Tenpoint5

Quote from: seemore on November 01, 2011, 08:29:30 PM
You are right they look great THOSE ARE ALSO PIRCEY
SEEMORE
Yeah but $10 for a big jar of these gives a lot more end product!

Quote from: La Quinta on November 01, 2011, 11:22:52 PM
So Chris could do the same with pistacios?

I am quite sure you could use this recipe on the Pistachios if you wanted to LQ.

ghost9mm

Cashews my favorite nut...never had them other then just plain...may have to try these...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

KyNola

NePaSmoKer

Oh thanks Chris

Your a mean Ba$$tard.....LOL