So begins the Candy holidays

Started by Drac, November 04, 2011, 04:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drac

Well had some personal time to burn before the end of the year so I headed home to finish up.

The finished list -

Into the tray and box.  Some go in to cups and different boxes -

Some finishing touches -

Amy got this for me last year -

Ready to mail -

The fudges I through together.  People liked them quite bit in past years.  The pale one with the topping is milk chocolate chipotle with pecans and the other is raspberry-chipotle dark chocolate.  Surprising how well chipotle goes well with both -

Should get a box or two ready to mail tomorrow  :D

Jim
I cook with a flair for the dramatic,
and depraved indifference to calories

Caneyscud

Udaman!  Fantastic.  My hand is up for a Texas treat.  Drac - you get a double gold star this year. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

ghost9mm

Well done my friend, my wife really enjoyed the presentation from beginning to the end, she said that looks like alot of work, and I said it looks more like a labor of love....you are the master candy maker...well done...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

SiFumar

Beautiful!  If you ever opened a store/online business...I'd be buying!  Thanks for posting the process...it was quite interesting!

Keymaster

Very nice Job Drac, those look excellent!!!

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

DADAKOTA

Amazing work.  If they taste half as good as they look they would be phenomenal.  Awesome stuff.

Drac

Thanks all.  Got about 14 boxes ready to go out this weekend.  Got to do a few more rounds of a the flavors and planning on 35 boxes this years. 

Trust me all in all it is fairly straight forward if you want to give it a try.  Major issue is the investment in equipment if you want to do large batches.  After that it's just the dreaded "R" work, research but you guys do a lot of that here anyways.  With the meats and that you guys turn out this is fairly easy stuff.

Jim

La Quinta

Drac...get a lisense and sell those...they look awesome...

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Drac

Got everything packed up and ready to ship out -

This doesn't include the 3 boxes for Navy, 3 my work and 2 for Amy's.  That makes about 800 pieces going out in boxes plus a couple hundred "scraps."

Jim

La Quinta

My God Drac...you are incredibly talented...honestly we would pay for them...they are so cleanly done...WOW is all I can say... :)

ghost9mm

My friend you have done well, I hope your family and friends are appreciative of your talents and extra hard work...very well done.. and Merry Christmas..
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

SiFumar

Awesome!  You have some very lucky family and friends!