Can't stands it any more......MUEBE NUGGETS

Started by Sailor, October 28, 2011, 01:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sailor

I finally found some Soy Vay Veri Veri at Boy's Market in Delray Beach (giving them a plug in case any South FL smokers are looking for it)

Took my wife to the airport yesterday evening she's going to help pack her brother and SIL house up as they are moving from New York to Charlotte NC.   So I got to thinking that I have the kitchen all to my self for 5 days (evil grin).  On the way back from the airport I stops at Costo.  Picks up some stew meat, (MUEBE Nuggets), 20 pounds of cheese, 6 pounds of pistachios, 10 pounds of ground beef.  I gots smoking on my mind  ;D

Got 5 pounds of snack stix going in the smoker now.  got a late start so I can't get the MUBE NUGGETS going until tomorrow.  I cubed up 6 pounds of stew meat (may be more than I should be using) but that's what I got all soaking.  Going to let them get MUBE love tonight and then into the smoker in the morning.

The players are Soy Vay, 1 tsp of cure #1 and 3 tsp of Cayanne pepper.  I kept some Soy Vay back to recoat.

All cut up

All mixed up and ready for some overnight MUBE love

Building a cold smoker adapter now so I can smoke some cheese on Sunday.  Will post some photos of the MUBE nuggets smoke tomorrow.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

zueth

Let me know how they turn out.  I would recommend starting at 150 and slowly increasing heat to reach 170 towards the end.

I did 150 the whole time and they were a little chewy.  I had to do a additional 3 hours at 170 and then they were good.

mikecorn.1

Mike

kickedback

I just happened to find some Soy Vay tonight when I was in the store. Looking forward to seeing how yours turns out.

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

muebe

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

zueth

Sailor

I got so busy doing other things that I forgot to post the final photos.

Into the Bradley for some Hickory love

Finished product

On the counter cooling.  Notice that a lot of a tray is missing.  Wonder what happend to them  ;D

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

ghost9mm

There winner, winner, winner...dang they look great and the color is great..
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

muebe

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)