Sending Taby off

Started by OU812, October 23, 2011, 05:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OU812

Taby came home from collage this weekend and before I could sent her off this morning we had a good breakfest.

Some little deer loins seasoned with lemon pepper and Lawry's

Served up with some hash browns N home grown eggs.

After breakfest we went to town and got all here woman stuff before goin back.

She left with a care package, seein how she cant remember to bring back the cooler.  ::)

She left with some cheddar deer brats, teriyaki deer nuggets, ham sticks, smoked turkey breast, spicy deer sticks, cotto deer salami, dried deer (think chipped beef) and 4 deer loin steaks.

Here room mate loves it when she comes home.  ;D

Oh Ya,,,,,,,,,,,,we did a little shootin this after noon, we are soooooo stoked for deer season.  ;D

Sailor

You are such a good Dad.  It don't stop when they get out of College either.  Our daughter raid the freezer when ever they are in town.  Let's me have more room to smoke more stuff  ;D

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

classicrockgriller

Always sad to see them leave when they come visit cause .................

........... They TAKE everything in the House that's not glued down. ;D

I know you enjoyed the visit and are more than Happy to fix her up with

some of your smoked Goodies. Her and her room mate are lucky girls.

Huntin season won't be long now. Just around the corner.

OldHickory

You are a great Dad---and she is a lucky daughter, makes me proud for both of you.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

OU812

Thanks guys, shes our baby and makes us soooo proud.

Now if I can just get her to remember to bring my coolers home,,,,,she wouldnt have to wrap all them goodies in a big ol beach towel for the ride back to collage.  ;D

We spent all day Saturday together,,,,,,,,,,,,man they grow up quick.

This was her first time shootin her rifle sense last deer season and shes got all her shots in an 6" circle at 100 yds

Makes daddy proud. :'(

Sailor

Shootin is one thing.  Question is can she field dress it and then skin it out and butcher it up?  If she can do these things you better lock her up as she is going to be a catch for some young outdoorsman.  ;)

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

OU812

Quote from: Sailor on October 24, 2011, 01:05:43 PM
Shootin is one thing.  Question is can she field dress it and then skin it out and butcher it up?  If she can do these things you better lock her up as she is going to be a catch for some young outdoorsman.  ;)

Yes Sir,,,,,,,,,,she does it ALL.

Been watching daddy all her life.  ;D

OU812

I know this dont have any thing to do with meat but I did send Taby off again this weekend with some gooides and we did some shootin again this weekend.

Taby did good.

We practice like we hunt.  ;D

The bench and bags are for when ya want to drive nails.  ::)

Shootin like this at 100 yds she had some wild shots to start with but got settled in and closed the deal.

5 groups of 3 allowing the barrel to cool after each set.

Ya there was a few wild ones at the beginning but she done good at the end.

There was 4 others shooting and if ya take the total group Taby done real good.

Oh Ya I have that rifle sighted in 1 1/2" high at 100 yd,,,,,,,,better high than low in my eyes.

The funny part about today is the girls (2) out shot the boys (3),,,,,,,,,,,,,daddy didnt shoot.

I spent all my time workin with the youngins.  ;D

Keymaster

Nice job, Better than this keyboard puncher could do ;)

viper125

Very good Dad and a cute daughter. Thats the way I raised mine. My kids would sooner eat wild meat then store bought any time. Also when taught right you don't have to worry about your kids running on to guns and getting hurt. Your a very good and lucky Dad and sounds like you already know it. Keep up the good work. Our kids are the future and at the rate this world is headed survival skills may be more then a hobby someday soon!
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

ghost9mm

Nice job there Dad, we really like to hear and see parents spending good time with your young ones, and as it should be...and if she makes you proud then partner you know you and your wife did things right...Curt your pride for your daughter is reflected in the way you talk about her...very well done my friend...
At 74 years of age I spent the afternoon with my oldest son putting up deer stands, he has already killed a nice doe with his bow, and I have missed a nice buck with my bow,but the season is young...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

OU812

Quote from: viper125 on November 06, 2011, 05:40:21 PM
Very good Dad and a cute daughter. Thats the way I raised mine. My kids would sooner eat wild meat then store bought any time. Also when taught right you don't have to worry about your kids running on to guns and getting hurt. Your a very good and lucky Dad and sounds like you already know it. Keep up the good work. Our kids are the future and at the rate this world is headed survival skills may be more then a hobby someday soon!

Thank you Sir,,,,,,,my thoughts exactly.

My son is a great marksman also, when we break out the bench he will show up us old timers every once and wile.

Free style I still got him beat.  ;D

Quote from: ghost9mm on November 06, 2011, 05:51:27 PM
Nice job there Dad, we really like to hear and see parents spending good time with your young ones, and as it should be...and if she makes you proud then partner you know you and your wife did things right...Curt your pride for your daughter is reflected in the way you talk about her...very well done my friend...
At 74 years of age I spent the afternoon with my oldest son putting up deer stands, he has already killed a nice doe with his bow, and I have missed a nice buck with my bow,but the season is young...

Thank you Sir.

Its all about   Trust   Honor   and    Respect.