Never heard of this before and need help

Started by Karaokegod01, November 07, 2011, 12:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karaokegod01

My g-friend went out and bought some pork butt ribs and I have never heard of this so I need some ideas temps cook times and wood choices to cook these

squirtthecat

Those are also known as "Country Style Ribs"..

Karaokegod01

I have a chop and steak rub I am gonna try but not sure on wood, temps or wood types

Karaokegod01

squirtthecat

Quote from: Karaokegod01 on November 07, 2011, 12:23:14 PM
So should I use the 3-2-1 method then?

Yeah, that is a good place to start.    I did a bunch that way and they turned out pretty good.

Just 225° and whatever your favorite wood is.

FLBentRider

What you most likely have is "sliced pork butt"

"butt" the 3-2-1 is a good start.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

squirtthecat

Some of the stores around here call them pork shoulder ribs, or sometimes 'boneless' ribs.

SiFumar

I'd like to see a picture of them before you cook them if possible.  Thank you.

kickedback

If they are country style boneless ribs, pick your rub and wood and I've done them at 200 degrees for about 4 hours and have come out real moist.

mlp311

I got some country style ribs and got them in the Bradley. What IT do I need to take them out? I saw the 3 2 1 thing, but am not up to speed on that. I got Bradley up to 220 before putting them in. I saw something about foiling them, but really don't want to do the whole texas crutch thing unless absolutely necessary. Look forward to you alls suggestions as always.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

mlp311

viper125

Yep Country style ribs AKA butt ribs, shoulder ribs all the same. Pretty much same as cooking pork loin to me.  But it does have more fat! So 3-2-1 should be fine.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.