• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Feels like a BBQ triple crown...

Started by Stickbowcrafter, November 14, 2011, 05:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stickbowcrafter

I put a bunch of meat in the downstairs fridge to defrost and was too busy with yard work all weekend to get to it. I did manage to get them seasoned before going to bed last night. I was off today, and after getting the girls off to school, I was staring at the triple crown of BBQ: Pork, sausage and jerky.

-Brian

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Stickbowcrafter

First up is the sausage, since it's going in the Bradley. It's a semi-dry cure smoked salami recipe. Mixed up and left in fridge overnight. Into the stuffer and put in 1.5 inch fibrous casings.

-Brian

Stickbowcrafter

Got a nice collection of salami, hog ringed and tied up for the Bradley.

-Brian

Stickbowcrafter

And in they go. 130 F for 30 minutes with the damper wide open to dry the casings. Then 150 F for an hour while adding apple smoke, 6 pucks. After an hour, raise smoker to 165 F and hold until internal temp hits 152 F.

-Brian

Stickbowcrafter

Here they are 10 degrees away from being done. They will get a cold water bath then hung for a week to semi-dry. I'll keep you posted on these later. Now on to the next smoke.

-Brian

Keymaster

Stickbowcrafter

With the Bradley full of salami, the Weber Smokey Mountain Smoker was fired up for the shoulder. It was butterflied last night in anticipation of needing a faster smoke with all I was taking on today. Hickory wood chunks and charcoal brought it to 190 F in about 6.5 hours.

-Brian

Stickbowcrafter

As usual, a few friends showed up when they heard pulled pork so it was pretty crazy feeding them and the family. Home made cold slaw, barbecue sauce and cornbread completed the feast. This is the only shot I got before it was completely devoured.

-Brian

ghost9mm

Brian...well done my friend, I sure hope your family appreciates you...lol heck of a job partner...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Stickbowcrafter

The jerky was sliced from venison steaks and marinated overnight. I usually lay my jerky flat but I picked up a new jerky hanging rack and couldn't wait to try it out.

-Brian

Stickbowcrafter

I don't own any more smokers (yet, LOL) so into the oven. I've had good luck with jerky in our electric oven set on the lowest temp, 170 F, with the door cracked open. Getting close, probably another hour.

-Brian

Stickbowcrafter

Thanks ghost. Yes, they are very appreciative. It's not very often they get all these goodies at once though. Girls are a little bummed they couldn't help out since they were at school. Had a 3 day weekend off work and really planned on doing each one each day. Oh well, it was fun. Was real windy here today which robbed a lot of heat from the smokers. Salami and jerky should be done before bedtime.

-Brian

Mr Walleye

Nice job Brian!

That's a real marathon for sure!  ;)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

muebe

Great job!

Lot's of delicious smoked food there ;D
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)