Question bout cold smoking some turkey

Started by SL2010, November 13, 2011, 05:17:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

If you ever had a kosher turkey, they are dry brined. I would be interested in your results. Are you working with an enhanced turkey?

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Quarlow

Quote from: La Quinta on November 20, 2011, 11:49:02 PM
Q? don't know what it's like in Canada...but turkey is pricey other than at Thanksgiving here...same with brisket at St. Paddy's day...odd...I would think that whole supply and demand would dictate the price...anyhoo

I am really looking forward to the big feast!!! yummy...
Everything here is expensive before the holiday. I have to wait about a week after then buy in order to afford it. So I feel your pain.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

La Quinta

Yes Habs...let it dry in the fridge...after rinsing and just pray...first go round with this......

Enhanced is my biggest fear Habs...

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: La Quinta on November 23, 2011, 12:02:14 AM
Yes Habs...let it dry in the fridge...after rinsing and just pray...first go round with this......

Enhanced is my biggest fear Habs...

I'm sure it will be fine. I've been wanting to try this for a few years. I just may do this around Christmas.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

La Quinta

braveheart

I raise my own turkeys and they usually get heavier than I want so we bandsaw them in half and end up with about a 15lb half carcass. I then brine them for about 2 days throw them on the bradley for about 6 -7 hours at 220f and they have been excellent. Smoke for only the first 2 hours and now my family demand that we smoke all our turkeys as they are so moist and tasty.
We also hunt wild turkeys and smoke them but you have to careful as they are so lean. We cover the bird with bacon and that helps a lot.
Kevin
f you can't smoke it, shoot it!