1st Batch of Christmas 2011 Cheese...

Started by SouthernSmoked, November 21, 2011, 02:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthernSmoked

I will be sending several boxes of Cheese and Crackers with Summer Sausage, Nuts and Mustard.

I actually started this last Sunday and didn't get a chance to post do to a very close friend of mine passing away.

Stopped by Kroger and purchased a variety of cheese. ( Have more and will do tomorrow )

Medium Cheddar, Marble Cheddar, Swiss, Mild Cheddar and Hot Pepper.

I used my Cold Smoke Adapter and using Applewood will smoke for a couple of hours.

About 1 hour in...

Smoke is rolling.

Two hours in now...will continue for 30 more minutes.

After 2-1/2 hours and allowing the cheese to rest for about 20 minutes - I vac sealed individually.

Added my labels.

Second batch will be coming soon.....

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Tenpoint5

Looks pretty good Southern. I should get off my butt and smoke some for Xmas presents myself.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

SouthernSmoked

Was going to do more today but rain and more rain here.  :(

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

ghost9mm

I need to do some too, I need to go to the amish market and get some cheese...but I really like the way you have them labeled...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

kickedback

I picked some cheese up last weekend and tonight for the holidays also. I need to get them smoked this week. I also got some  cashews and almonds to do. Those labels are a real nice touch. I really need to go get a vacuum sealer.

mez

chiroken

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

La Quinta

Ghost...Amish cheese... I am so jealous...my grandparents lived in Philly and they used to take us to the "Amish Country" for cheese when I was a kid...really nice...

I have looked on line to order some horseradish cheese to smoke...Gizmo turned me onto that here in California...beautiful cheeses...

TMB

Very nice!   Love smoked cheese, I think this will be one of my next things to do
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

SiFumar

Really nice girfts you're putting together!  So sorry to hear about your friends passing.