Fish taste/smell in smoker

Started by scootusa, November 19, 2011, 09:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scootusa

Will smoking salmon in the original Bradley Smoker leave a fish taste/smell in the smoker that will compromise the meats you smoke after the salmon?

Kummok

I'm NOT the one for a credible answer since ALL I smoke is salmon but I've read many responses from other experienced posters that claim no problems...guess I'll find out next week as I'll be smoking a turkey in a Bradley that has seen tons of salmon through it...  :-\

La Quinta

The answer to that is NO...Smoker smells like smoke...not fish...

KyNola

Quote from: La Quinta on November 20, 2011, 12:43:15 AM
The answer to that is NO...Smoker smells like smoke...not fish...
Ditto.

scootusa

Thanks everyone...I am excited to try the salmon.  I had a friend who said he uses a smaller smoker dedicated to fish because he didn't want his other smoker to take on the smell/taste...so I was concerned, but feel better now!

Scott

Fisher

The first thing I smoked in the Bradley was Salmon and about six batches of salmon after that. Then I smoked two Turkey Breasts and found no smell or taste of Salmon.

Happy Smoking

JZ

Ditto -- the only thing I smell when I open my smoker ( the next time I use it ) is smoke.

tsquared

QuoteI'm NOT the one for a credible answer since ALL I smoke is salmon
I used to be virginal like Kummok but these evil lower 48 'mericans have corrupted me,leading me into the ways of pork and beef, and tonight--chicken. I don't notice any fishy flavours when I'm sinning. ;D
T2

La Quinta