• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

I need some quick help on pid

Started by crapshooter, November 27, 2011, 02:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sailor

The salt would be due to any rub that you put on it.  The ends can dry out some but if you got the IT to 185 it should be nice and tender a little ways in.  Please let us know how it was when it came out of FTC.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

crapshooter

Quote from: Sailor on November 28, 2011, 04:20:04 PM
The salt would be due to any rub that you put on it.  The ends can dry out some but if you got the IT to 185 it should be nice and tender a little ways in.  Please let us know how it was when it came out of FTC.
It tasted pretty good. The outside crust was really tough.  I've seen videos of people sliding it off with their knives, but that wouldn't happen on this one. Wife liked the taste also so that part worked out good. I used Jan's rub and your directions when I cooked it. Now if I can figure out why it was so slow heating.

Sailor

Reading your other posts I would suspect that your settings on the PID was to blame.  Once you figure it out you will love it.  Play with it when you don't have a load of meat and see if you can figure it out.  If not then PM me and I will give you my number and help you with it.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Habanero Smoker

Good luck with your test. As Sailor pointed out it could be your PID settings; but the indicator light running steady has me concerned that thee is not enough power.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)