bubba pucks

Started by ariadne, January 11, 2006, 11:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ariadne

just received my smoker.  seasoned it, did a whole chicken...everything went perfect thanks to all of the advice here.  now, how in the world do i purchase bubba pucks off of chez bubba's site?  am i just stupid?  it is not letting me buy anything.  thanks in advance for any help.

manxman

I just had a quick look at his web-site, appears to be an error including one saying "loading java applet failed" in the bottom left hand corner and I cannot get anything into the shopping cart either.

Suggest phoning or emailing him, I have sent him an email to draw his attention to a possible problem if he does'nt know already!

Manxman.
Manxman

IKnowWood

ariadne

If you have a Mac, there is a workaround to get there.  You need to select shopping cart, checkout.  It tells you there is nothign in the cart, but at the bottom the list of products finally show up.  Select all products and the Bubba Pucks are down there.  Add to cart then checkout.  It seems to work fine for me.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

ariadne

thanks, manxman.  newbie to smoking and this forum.  there is a wealth of information here for all of us newbies, given by polite and experienced smoking afficionados.  just ordered my bubba pucks and a variety pack of chips....can't wait to see if my next smoke is as much of a success as my first---again, thanks for all of the advice on this forum.
ariadne

manxman

Hi ariadne,

There is also a problem with the forum at the moment timing out when making posts. It initially appears that new posts have not been accepted and the natural thing people do is try and post them again, hence ending up with several posts the same as I notice you have here.

Easy enough to delete duplicates though, hopefully it will get sorted in the near future.[:)]

Manxman.
Manxman

JJC

Welcome to the Forum, Ariadne!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Oldman

Welcome to the Forum, Ariadne!

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

matchu77

Quick question. Any problem with a Bubba puck sitting on the burner tray for hours after smoke has finished ?

icerat4

No sir.It keeps the burner plate nice and clean too ;D ;).

Just another weekend with the smoker...

manxman

QuoteNo sir.It keeps the burner plate nice and clean too

icerat4 is correct, just remember they get VERY hot so no picking them off with your fingers at the end!! :-[

I just knock mine off using any sort of kitchen implement I have to hand into a bowl of cold water and let them cool a while before handling.

Manxman

Smokin Joe

Icerat is dead on...I usually just let mine sit until the unit cools and then pull them out!  The two pucks I use never actually reach the burner plate, just the staging area right before it...
Joe Johnson
Founding Partner
Caroline's Rub - Dry Rubs, Smoked Salt, and Texas Chili Seasoning

Be sure to sign up for our Smoke and Spice Newsletter!

Oldman

Smokin Joe put one  puck behind them... if you do then your hot plate will be burned off and clean...

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Smokin Joe

Thanks Olds!  I never actually thought of that...you would think that would have struck me at least once while using this over the last few years!!  :-[

I can be a bit slow...after all, I am from Texas you know!!   ;)
Joe Johnson
Founding Partner
Caroline's Rub - Dry Rubs, Smoked Salt, and Texas Chili Seasoning

Be sure to sign up for our Smoke and Spice Newsletter!

matchu77

Thanks guys, I run three Bubba pucks thu at the end to get rid of last puck.