Element Test Good, Any Suggestions

Started by renvette, November 30, 2011, 06:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renvette

I removed my heating element and tested it and it tests ok, about 31 ohms.  Anyone have any other suggestions for what could keep the smoker from heating? 

viper125

temp sensor,loose wire,power out, maybe pid not set right
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

viper125

Well if you don't know you probably dont have one. Its a programmable temp control Put out by Auber. Don't forget to check plug in for electric power also and all the plugs on smoker.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

Habanero Smoker

If it is not the element, then it could be a few things. Not knowing what you have tried, and what has been eliminated as a possible problem; the following link may help you resolve the problem, or at least zero in:

FAQ's

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

beefmann

along with what  viper had indicated, check the voltage at your  smoker with all cords to the smoker being plunged in, should be 115 to 120 volts maybe 110 at the lowest any  lower if you  have digital controls it may  not  work

also check any and all fuses, replace if bad

renvette

Any idea what the voltage should be at the two leads that terminate to the heating element?  Is it AC or DC and what voltage/current?

Bradley (Head Office)

If your element tested ok , then I would check the inline fuse behind the back cover of the smoker tower
Looks like this

Brian

TedEbear

Quote from: renvette on December 01, 2011, 06:24:55 PM
Any idea what the voltage should be at the two leads that terminate to the heating element?  Is it AC or DC and what voltage/current?

115-120 VAC.  It should be the same as whatever it reads at the wall receptacle.

renvette

Extremely low voltage at the leads that terminate to the heating element.  I'll check the inline fuse in the back of the unit.