New Project

Started by dukker, January 02, 2006, 04:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dukker

Getting ready to convert a hospital pudding cooler into a smoker. Should be a sweet unit. It is stainless with all insulated sides and door. I just recieved my Bradley smoke generator. This unit even has a baffled inside wall for convection air. The origional cooler had the cooling coils with a set of fans blowing over them.
 I just need to mount the generator, get a heat element and some stainless racks 18"x26".

manxman

Welcome to the forum dukker, good luck with your project. Let us know how it works out.[:)]

Manxman.
Manxman

nodak

Looks sweet what's the height on that puppy.  Looks nice size.  I may need to scrounge for something like that if my bradley works well, I could just swap the smoke generator over for larger batches.

"If you're not living on the edge, You're taking up way too much room, so get the he-- out of my way."

Oldman

Welcome to the forums... Dang good looking unit you got there... remember to vent it at the top...

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Phone Guy

Looks like a great project.

Arcs_n_Sparks

Dukker: Welcome. Looks like a freon evaporator on top. May want to keep that for cold smoke. Very nice looking set-up. Keep us posted on the progress.

Arcs_n_Sparks

JJC

Welcome to the Forum, dukker!  Keep us posted!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

cnelles

Welcome looks good . I just found out my unit has the eletrical Hazard and Bradely is ding a recall

Chris Nelles

dukker

nodak...  With the refrigeration unit below... the whole thing is about 6' tall.

iceman

Hey dukker you have a nice thing going there. I've made quite a few smokers out of units similar to what you have with great success. I'd be more than happy to share pictures, information, part numbers for elements, controls, etc. if you need them. Feel free to drop me an e-mail if you want. Happy tinkering.[:D]

Big or small you can smoke'm all!!!