Finally doing my salmon

Started by northof60girl, December 05, 2011, 09:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OU812

Is it done yet Is it done yet Is it done yet Is it done yet Is it done yet Is it done yet Is it done yet Is it done yet?  ;D

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm salmon cheese dip,,,,,,dont forget the hot sauce. ::)

ghost9mm

Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

northof60girl

LOL...ok, yes it is finally done...the good news is the recipe turned out great and it tasted great.  The bad news is that I vacuumed sealed it and have sold all of it except 2 packages lol and of course got caught up in everything and did not get pics.  I am thawing some this weekend and will take some pics of it after that to post.  My bad!!! I did notice stupid boogers on it as it was smoking and from everything I have read it is because the temp is too high but it did not read high so not sure what the heck happened but of course tasted just fine and everyone seems to be happy!  I am going to do another batch in the new year when I have some more time and this time will make sure to have the camera handy!  Hope everyone is having a great week  ;)

viper125

Didn't read high on what type of thermometer?
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

devo

It is pretty hard to screw up that recipe Laurie. If you have sold most of it, it must have been good. Them boogers sometimes come along no matter what you do so don't worry about it. Good job girl.

weedenb

A little bit of booger is fine, all mine have some too :)

You're doing great!

OU812

And Ive been waitin here all this time for the money shot.  :'(

Good to here they turned out great.

If your doing the same kinda salmon next time, hold the lower temps longer, works for me.  ;)

northof60girl

Will do and thanks for the extra advice!  Will make sure to get the money shot next time... :)