OMCAN Meat Slicers

Started by oakville smoker, December 13, 2011, 04:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakville smoker

Greetings all

For a couple of years now I have struggled with my little residential slicer
Saturday I was slicing up a pork loin to make some schnitzel and the blade came off the thing
Fortunately for me, the blade binded in the loin and did not get me

I think I have found a smokin deal on a OMCAN slicer
They appear to be commerical quality, made in Italy, 12 inch blade, all stainless steel

Does anyone have any experience with OMCAN slicers?  I am thinking I am going to pick it up today

Thanks all and happy slicing
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

ghost9mm

Hi...while I'm not really familiar OMCAN Meat Slicers I did a little research and for the money they appear to be a pretty good slicer, they have a warranty and they appear to have parts and blades available if you should need them...I really see no problems, they are not inexpensive...hope this helps you...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

cgaengineer

Take a look on Craigslist for a Berkel, Hobart or Anvil before dropping dime on a new one...I have a 12" Anvil commercial and it's plenty of power for me at 1/2 hp. I paid $250 for it and have been offered $550 for it.

At my rate of use it will last me past my time on this lovely place we call earth.
Weber Genesis (Black) Vertical Gas Smoker (Wanna upgrade to a Bradley), Anvil SLR7012 meat slicer, KitchenAid Meat grinder and sausage stuffer.

oakville smoker

Thanks
I found this on line, its been used once, nice and shiny and clean
$200 price makes it very atttractive
I think for what I need to do, its probably over powered for me but the used Hobarts and berkels around here carry ridiculous price tags

happy slicing  !
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

cgaengineer

Quote from: oakville smoker on December 14, 2011, 04:39:48 AM
Thanks
I found this on line, its been used once, nice and shiny and clean
$200 price makes it very atttractive
I think for what I need to do, its probably over powered for me but the used Hobarts and berkels around here carry ridiculous price tags

happy slicing  !

I'm thinking that just about any brand commercial slicer will serve a homeowner for many year without any trouble...I'd be more worried about finding a belt for it 20 years from now, since that is likely the only thing you will ever break on it.
Weber Genesis (Black) Vertical Gas Smoker (Wanna upgrade to a Bradley), Anvil SLR7012 meat slicer, KitchenAid Meat grinder and sausage stuffer.