Vacuum sealers/food savers

Started by Cold Smoke, May 18, 2004, 04:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Smoke

Hi all, was considering purchasing one of these units. Any recommendations? Will be primarily used on a small scale. Any infor is appreciated.

Cold Smoke

Bassman

CS,
sorry, I never used one.

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

Fuzzybear

I use one and love it! I use the food saver....

"A mans got to know his limitations"
Glendora, CA - USA!

ChefJeff

CS-I use the food saver .Works great,got it at local warehouse club.

SMOKIN & SPOKEN

Cold Smoke

Is that a Tilia brand? What model do you use?

Thanks guys!

Cold Smoke

BrentK

Cold Smkoe,

Food Saver is Tilia,  I've used mine for over 6 years.  It works great.  Just remember, any food that has a high liquid content should be frozen first...then vac-sealed.  My unit is the Vac 1050.  It has 3 or 5 sec seal time, manual seal and jar adaptor.

Fuzzybear

Mine too

Glendora, CA - USA!

Oldman

Fuzzy tell me about your unit...please
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Fuzzybear

It's the Tillia model - got it at Sam's Club (Costco/Wallyworld - same owners) It's great!  I believe Kummok has one also as he sent me a sample of his fish vacuum sealed...my worst complaint is running out of bags and having to buy more or the rolls and making my own.  But it really keeps things fresh as the day you put them in it - used it when buying bulk foods - broke them down into managable portions, froze them...fish/ground meat/steak/chicken/turkey breasts/cheese/dog food (keep ants away)and even my wifes wool Christmas stocking her gramma made (keeps the moths away)  Olds, I don't have much to say - you put a bag with food in the opening, clamp down the lid, hit the button and the air gets sucked out, then a buzzing noise lets yo know your'e done, release, set it aside and grab another bag of chow!  SHould work great on your pineapples - oh, one thing..try and keep any liquids towards the bottoms as to much will be sucked out and into the unit resulting in cleanup time...and the bag won't heat seal properly.

Glendora, CA - USA!

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DoW-Oldman</i>
<br />Fuzzy tell me about your unit...please
Olds
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Hey! Hey! Hey! Not here please![:D][:D][:D]

j/k, couldn't resist a slow floater in the middle of the strike-zone.[:)][:)]

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Chez Bubba

Mine's a Tilia Compact II, bought abought 2 years ago. When the old bird dies I plan on buying the newer version that has the option to seal at will, therefore not sucking juice into the vac chamber.

Plus, rumor is, that it will seal ALL bags, not just their special ones.

Season it up[8D],

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Fuzzybear

Thanks Kirk!  Always finding humor where ya can!  That was great and remember the other post about "DOOF"?  Well, I missed this one completely till you showed up!  LOL!!

Glendora, CA - USA!

Cold Smoke

Thanks for your feedback folks! I wandered into the local Costco and scooped up a Tilia foodsaver 1050. I tell ya- I think this is their turbo model...Now this thing sucks! And not in a bad way. Freezer burn will now be a thing of the past!

I was thinking that when my number came up I was gonna opt for cremation...you think they make bags for something about 200 lbs- and 6 ft long? [:)][xx(]

Cold Smoke

Fuzzybear

Nahhhhhhhhhhh.....quart size is as big as they go![xx(]

Glendora, CA - USA!

msiler

You can get 11" wide stuff by the roll

so theoretically if you pass with a 20" waist it may be possible...lol

When in doubt smoke it.