• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Today project, Kielbasa

Started by ratherbboating, December 14, 2011, 01:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ratherbboating

(My first attempt at posting with pictures, so if it comes out wrong, please excuse)
Kielbasa
Put 10lbs of Kielbasa in the smoker.  I sort of followed Rytek Kutas (and others) recipe.  I always wish that people would state what all they used in the making of their sausage, so?.
10 lbs pork (mostly Boston buts and shoulder cuts)
4 Tbs Ksoher Salt
1 Tbs sugar
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp Guajillo powder (for a little different flavor)
1 ? Tbs coarse black pepper
1 ? tsp granulated garlic
2 oz soy protein
2 tsp cracked mustard seed
2 tsp Cure #1
1 ? cup cold water

Mix the soy protein, sugar and salt in the water.  Cut the meat into ?? cubes. 

Mixed everything together and let sit in refrigerator for several hours (had farm chores to do).  Ground using a 10mm die.  Stuffed into 26mm collegian casings (wanted a bun length, to grill out). It took forever to stuff into the casing, using the stuffer on my manual #22 grinder (Santa all I want for Christmas is a Kirby stuffer).  In the picture you can also see the clean out that I cooked for breakfast.

Put in smoker at 140, for three hours, just smoking  the last hour (last time I did Kielbasa,  I had to much smoke).  Put in a hot water bath, 160-170, until IT 12 around 155.  I let them bloom for 2 hours before packing.

I tasted a small amount, tasted good.  Will grill some out this weekend (even if we get more snow)..

The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude. Julia Child

SiFumar

Looks good!  Will wait patiently for money shot....

viper125

Very nice job. They look really good. Nice presentation too! Lots of photos we like photos. LOL
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

OU812

They look great,,,,,,,,,took on a nice color,,,,,,,,bet they were gooood