Charcuterie Almonds

Started by kickedback, November 28, 2011, 04:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kickedback

I did 3 lbs of almonds last week. I am very happy with the outcome. They taste great.

SiFumar

mikecorn.1

Care to share what's in the bowl besides the almonds  :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

kickedback

Yep, that's the recipe. And a good one at that. Still plenty on the recipe site I need to try. All the recipes there and on this site make me look like a smoking guru. Thanks everyone.

ghost9mm

They do look and sound real good...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

FLBentRider

Quote from: ghost9mm on November 29, 2011, 05:56:34 PM
They do look and sound real good...

They are. I've been munching on them this evening.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

tsquared

I've used that recipe several times and it turns out well. Today I used it with 5 1/2 lbs of almonds (5 1/2 lbs fills 8 racks). i only used 1/2 the black pepper as my wife can't handle too much spice, and i used 4 or 5 smallish garlic cloves, pressed, instead of the garlic powder. i've got another 5 lbs in the smoker now but I think I'm going to find a sweet glaze recipe to use before I bake them.
T2

tsquared

I did the spicy recipe for the first 1/2of the batch but ended up leaving them in the oven a touch too long.  :(  When the recipe says 15minutes--that's what you should do--not more.
T2

Habanero Smoker

Sorry to hear your batch did not turn out well. It doesn't take long for nuts to burn.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

kickedback

T2, sorry to hear about that. I think I left mine in a bit longer, but I ran my convection fan while doing them. I was having trouble getting them to dry out. Not sure if the fan helped or not. I'm about out, so I'll be trying them again soon.

tsquared

Thanks guys. The whole batch wasn't spoiled but it isn't the "gift quality" I was hoping for to give out to friends for xmas. Next time I'll nail it.
T2

gbsorenson

I just did a batch of almonds using this recipe yesterday. I modified it some so I'll fill you in on the results. I did 2#'s of almonds so I doubled the other ingredients, but I put the oil and seasoning on before I smoked them (mostly by mistake, just hadn't read the recipe thru). I cold smoked for about 1.5 hours, then turned the heat on, set it at 200, it took another almost 1.5 hrs to actually get to 200. I did have an tray of ice from smoking cheese the day before in the bottom and it is MN in Dec., that's why it took so long to come up to temp. Anyway, after about 3 hrs of smoke I pulled them and roasted in oven at 375 for 10 min, stirring a couple of times. They turned out great! I love the flavor and can't wait to get more, I'm sure these won't last long over the holidays! They almost have a roasted pumpkin seed flavor, without the hard hard outer skin of a pumpkin seed.   

kickedback

They are good. I've already been hit up to make some more. I modified a little also.