• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Holy smokes!--what's smoking for the holidays?

Started by tsquared, December 23, 2011, 04:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsquared

I just finished vacumn sealing 20 lbs of cold smoked spring salmon, a bucket of beef jerky and a bucket of smoked almonds(didn't bag the almonds). Nailed everything although it took me 2 goes to get the almonds right asI overdid them in the oven after the smoke the first time. What's going out to your friends, relatives and neighbors for Christmas?

Wildcat

I decided to do nothing but eat and let others do the work this year. We are on the road and my wife's sister will do Christmas then it is on to my brother's and I am hoping to convice him to smoke and/or grill something like shrimp, scallops, deer or something. I'm just going to provide the adult beverages and enjoy. Most years I bring the main dish but not this year.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

TedEbear

Quote from: tsquared on December 23, 2011, 04:55:52 PMWhat's going out to your friends, relatives and neighbors for Christmas?

Nothing going out - they're all coming over for it.  I think Santa is bringing me a TBE, based on the size of the box to the left of the tree in the pic.  I have a turkey thawing in the refrigerator just in case.  I'm thinking of cold smoking it with pecan for two hours in the OBS and then finishing it in the TBE.  We're officially just having snacks for the family get-together but I told my wife that I wanted to experiment.

PapaC

3 lb Ribeye roast that I just picked up. This will be new teritory for me (Well, most of my smoking adventures are new teritory since I'm a noob)! Did a little research here and have decided to make the cut under the bone, then rub, re-tie the bone, smoke to IT of 140, pull it and cover for an hour or so. Sound like a plan? This will be for my Christmas day meal with the kids and grandkids. Can't wait  :D
I'm just a social smoker, I can quit any time I want.

KyNola

Smoked 9 lbs of Blazin' Pistachios(thanks Seemore for the original recipe), 2.75 lbs of Canadian Bacon(thanks Habs for the original recipe) and 7 lbs of belly bacon(thanks Stickbowcrafter for the original recipe).
Smoking is finished but come Christmas Day I have a 7 lb SRF Wagyu boneless rib roast that I will be cooking.  No smoke on that piece of beef. ;)

tsquared

QuoteSound like a plan?
The only part of the plan missing PapaC is you forgot to invite me! Sounds good! Enjoy.
T2

oguard

Just finished smoking 20# of spring salmon. Some will go home with my parents and in-laws the rest in the freezer for a later date. Also finished slicing and packaging  some Canadian bacon.

Mike
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

tsquared

[quoteJust finished smoking 20# of spring salmon][/quote] Is that Nootka fish Oguard? Did you get up there this year?
T2

ghost9mm

We smoked 18# of pork and it's pulled and we will have it this evening when the whole family arrives...Merry Christmas..
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

CoreyMac

I went over to Costso earlier this week and grabbed 65Lbs of ground beef/pork to keep myself busy over christmas. can you say snack sticks ;D

RIP-ROD

Not to try to hijack this thread but t-square we need to talk.I am addicted to the super pig bacon rub and I am out :'( and need some more) ;D
I have already pawned my grandma's VCR and been hanging out on shady corner's (now I got this weird cold sore thing growing ) and I still need more
If you guys have not tried any of this it is a must try -AWESOME STUFF-just follow directions on label for some of the best cooked bacon you have ever tasted.
Have not got a chance to try the other's yet but am sure they will not disappoint.
please message me

Oh yeah Merry Christmas Y'all(insert Paula Deen riding stick of butter)

dman4505

Company I work for got us all turkeys for Christmas
12.75lb. just waiting to be seasoned and into the smoker tomorrow

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.