Bacon

Started by Phone Guy, January 10, 2006, 04:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phone Guy

I made some more "Hillbilly Bacon". It came out so good. I am always amazed at what comes out of the Bradley. I really recommend this recipe and I suggest using honey on the outside.

http://susan.rminor.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27

Bassman

Phone Guy,
Have you ever made Hi-Mountain BuckBoard Bacon? I was wondering how it compares because thats the only one I ever made. I think I'll have to try this just for poops & giggles[:D]!

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

Phone Guy

Yes, I have tried High Mountain and I think it works fine. I personaly like the recipe for the Hillbilly bacon. It's easy and I like the flavor better. The part about cutting the meat in half horizontaly, I skipped once and I'm not sure the cure got all the way through the thickest piece. If you find, after cutting the meat to half thickness that one is too thin, you can tie it with twine before smoking. I have done this and it works fine.
Give it a try. If you don't like it I'll give you my address so you can send it to me.[;)]

Bassman

Funny Guy,
I mean Phone Guy, I seriously doubt I wouldn't like your bacon. I am going to try it soon. Anything that comes out of the smoker is soon gone around here[:p][^]

I just noticed the counter for how many posts we posted under our names doesn't work.

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

IKnowWood

If what the admin says is the database issue.  The counter would be connected.  The counter is meta-data that the database is controlling.  And if the posts get a time-out to db conflict or resource allocation fault, then the counters will not work correctly.

I have seen many other psots with the same issue.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes