• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

2011 Looking Back

Started by NePaSmoKer, December 29, 2011, 09:10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

We all lost something in 2011.

Being family, friends, leaders.

But

What about the 460 Military Men and Women that did not get all the Media attention that some got?

The BRAVE HERO'S and their families got a plane flight to Dover AFB and were greeted by hecklers, Protesters with signs and basher's and then more protest against them at their funerals???....WTH

I stand and would like to shake the hands of all the families who had to go through this as If it were me i would not be writing this because i would be locked up for what I would have done to some of these so called Americans who bash our Military Hero's PAST AND PRESENT.

My view on 2011

pensrock

pikeman_95

Rick

I would agree. I bet there would be a bunch of guys sitting in the same jail cell with you. I would be one of them.

KC

Drac

I am still in the Reserves.  Over the last 11 years I have been a member of the Honr/Color Guards on a couple bases.

You will never know humility until you -

Met a man who charged the beach in Normandy

Listen to the story of one of the USS Indianaoplis survivers

Watch a man receive his Silver Star over 60 years after his heroism in Korea

Shake the hand of a Medal of Honor recepient

Placed a flag in the hands of the greaving mother

Over the years I have met people who will leave the greatest headliners in shame. 

Jim
I cook with a flair for the dramatic,
and depraved indifference to calories

Sailor

Rick, I am on the same page with you.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

TestRocket

I got your back Rick and also would be locked up!

One thing that freedom of speech allows is for others to see what a jerk (a$$h@le) you are with no thanks or consideration to those that have given there time, body parts or their lives for their own freedom of speech! Shameless!

A big ?Thank You? to all that have served!

DisplacedCoonass

My wife and I have an agreement that if we were to somehow not be dependent upon my paycheck and I'm retired, that I get to go track down a group of those protesters and exercise my right to suffer the consequences.  I know we can't pick and choose which "rights" we'll defend and and who will be allowed to exercise them, but darned if I wish there weren't exceptions.

viper125

i'M WITH YOU! We all should be ashamed at what we have let happen in this country. The people that risk  their lives daily can not even be appreciated for one day just a couple hours. I would like to see the people who do believe in rights and freedom and not the hecklers there. And it wouldn't upset me one bit if the hecklers feel on some hard time. This country use to be ruled by the majority. Now it is ruled by the minority. It's not our service peoples fault. It's your and mine and all left at home. We should be defending the home land when their gone. I am proud to say My kids defended this country along with a lot of family. And I'm ashamed to say I havn't been able to do the same here.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

ACW3

Rick,
I am with you, buddy.  I spent 7 years in the Navy on submarines during the Cold War, and we got zip for recognition.  During the same time frame those who served in Vietnam got hosed, too.  Too D%MN many liberals who have never had to "risk" anything, especially their lives.  They forget where their freedoms come from in the first place.

I better get off my soapbox before I get really carried away.  I am somewhat passionate about this subject.

Art
MAK 2 Star (# 171)
Weber Kettle (old school charcoal)
KCBS CBJ
NCBS

beefmann

dman4505

Quote from: pikeman_95 on December 29, 2011, 09:55:17 AM
Rick

I would agree. I bet there would be a bunch of guys sitting in the same jail cell with you. I would be one of them.

KC

I'll be there with ya

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

tsquared

QuoteThe BRAVE HERO'S and their families got a plane flight to Dover AFB and were greeted by hecklers, Protesters with signs and basher's and then more protest against them at their funerals???....WTH

I don't get these people. If you disagree with the mission, that's your right but to make the psoldiers who are carrying out their country's policy feel lousy and unsupported, that is something else entirely.
T2

iceman

I'd be locked up for sure for what I would have done to the POS protesters if I was there! These idiots are a waste of carbon space on this planet!!!  >:( Now that I vented I feel better. My hats off the the brave people that serve and to the families that support them.

sparky1

remember coming back from vietnam.  its the same.  no bueno.    :'(  its not easy being away from your family and doing something that isn't popular but it very much needed.   fighting for freedom for everyone else.  i am proud to call myself a vetern.   ;D
26.75 OTG
18.5 WSM

MidKnightRider

I'd be there also .
These man and women all deserve our respect!
"A Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."John Adams
The Big Easy
OBS
ProQ Smoke Gererator
Little Chief Front Loader
Chair-Broil Electric Smoker
Thermos Gas Grill
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/index.php
BBQ Evangelist