Busy Afternoon

Started by DisplacedCoonass, December 30, 2011, 07:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisplacedCoonass

So doorbell rings sometime about noon and I go to see my new stuffer kit has arrived 20 days early.  After getting over being slightly miffed at my day on the couch being ruined, I ran out to BJ's for some meat since they were the closest.  Once I got there I realized they were still .60-.80 per lb more expensive than the commissary and they only had 10lbs of ground pork.  Quick trip through the tunnel and I arrive at the commissary.  Proceeded to buy them out of ground pork, asked for more and got very sternly told "NO" by the meat manager.  Apparently he cares that other people be able to buy pork besides me.  ::rolls eyes::

Stuffer kit came with the mixes for summer, breakfast, hot Italian, sweet Italian, hot, and bratwurst.  Figured I'd make the breakfast and hot italain tonight along with some of the korva posted by anderson5420.

New Stuffer.  Amazing how much easier this thing is to use over my cast iron manual stuffer.  It's now enjoyable.

20lbs of pork and 4lbs of beef:

Mixed up in the bucket:

And just a bit of the finished products.  Five 1lb bags each of hot italian and breakfast sausage, 5lbs of italian links, 7lbs of the korva.  Got another 5lbs of breakfast sausage formed up as links in the freezer as well.

And now, a lil reward while watching some football.

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

lumpy

Nice way to ruin a day on the couch ;)