First attemp at ribs

Started by Water101, December 19, 2011, 12:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Water101

Well I ventured into the rib making family on the weekend and they came out excellent.

I used the 3-2-1 method and they were some tasty.

The only question I have is are there other ways to do them besides the 3-2-1 method that work as well. They were great just always like to try new things.

Also had some home made perogies, had time to make these we'll the ribs did there thing.

Water

jiggerjams

Look delish!! Home made perogies? I didn't know you made those too. You probably shouldn't have told me that you make perogies.

Water101

They are a process but I'm good at those. I usally make them with my sister we'll do it on a Saturday and make about 25 to 30 dozen, I made about 12 dozen myself Saturdaya nd they were some of the best I made ever.

Joe

CoreyMac

The only thing I found (for myself) was the 321 method made the rib a bit drier. Now these are back rids only mind you. A side rib probably wouldn't have this issue. Plus I think it depends on the amount of fat the rib has, but where I get mine they are pretty lean. So what I do is exactly like a normal; 3-2-1 but I open foil and add the sauce and then re-wrap them to hold the moisture in longer. That makes them just perfect. It takes a touch longer that the last hour because of the foil, its more like 2 hrs. So I guess it would be a modified 3-2-2 method ;D

Water101

Thanks for that, I found the flavor great but would have liked them a little more moist, they weren't dry just not flowing with juices.

mikecorn.1

Nice looking ribs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

mwilliams7967

I add apple juice when i put them in the foil.  I think it makes an incredible difference.

jiggerjams

Maybe an ftc (foil, towel, cooler)  for a couple hours after the cook is done would help.

ArnieM

Looks like your first try at ribs came out good.

I don't foil anymore.  I've used the method described in the link below for the last several cooks.  I love the result and have had several comments from company that the ribs were better than any they've had at rib joints.

I still do a lot of experimentation but I'm set on this rib method.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=17203.0
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

TedEbear

Quote from: mwilliams7967 on December 19, 2011, 02:26:44 PM
I add apple juice when i put them in the foil.  I think it makes an incredible difference.

Yes, that's called the Texas Crutch.  I do the same thing.

ghost9mm

Looks like the first time ribs came out real well...good job..
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Batman of BBQ

Excellent looking ribs!

Here is my version of the 3,2,1 method...
I use 3,1,2 which helps keep the barq from becoming too wet.

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=26685.0

ENJOY
Batman
Don't want to be the best in the world, just the best in my neighborhood.

1 OBS, Nuff Said

SnellySmokesEm

With ribs that look that good I wouldnt change a thing.  You knocked them sucka outta the park.  Home made perodies!!! YUM  Nice job buddy
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

beefmann